Click the banner to visit the site!

Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Warm-Up Wednesday #2

Warm-Up Wednesday is a "meme," just like Music/ Movie Monday and Thursday Interpretation. In this weekly post, I will be using warm-ups that my R/LA (Reading/ Lanuage Arts) teacher gives us everyday. It probably will not be everyweek, though, because right now I don't have very many of them. All of the war-ups I will be posting on here have to do with making a choice or decision. Our choices/ answers have to be in paragraph form.

This week's question:

What is the best Christmas gift you have ever received?

My answer:

The best Christmas gift I've ever had? I don't really think I've had a Christmas present that stood out more than the others. Really, the best Christmas present you can get is the one that is given to you.* Not everyone is fortunate enough to get Christmas presents every year, so if you do, that is the best Christmas present you've ever had. I suppose in that sense, I have had several "bestest Christmas presents ever."

* That part wasn't quoted from anyone or anything, but I wouldn't say I haven't read or heard it somewhere before.

Happy Holidays and New Year,
Zakiya! :D

4 comments:

Readaholics said...

Hey Zakiya,
I can't say per say which was the best Christmas present ever, there were many. Truth be told there is one that stands out. The time we spent Christmas at my Grandma's house in NC. The tree sparkle, the fire was ablaze, and she gave me the most beautiful doll. Wow! Thanks for bringing back memories. Happy Holidays!
See ya,
Readaholics Anonymous

Zakiya LadyWings said...

Dana Alma:

That sounds like a truly wonderful gift!! I'm sure it's one of those things you will treasure forever :).

Happy Holidays to you too,
Zakiya :D

Small Review said...

I like what you said about the best Christmas gift. You're right :)

I've gotten a lot of really great gifts, but the best one yet is probably the paper Christmas tree my fiance made for me. It was one of our earlier Christmases together and we didn't have a tree or any decorations (his parents, who we were living with at the time don't do anything for Christmas. I know!). I tried not to let it get to me, but on Christmas Eve I finally broke down and cried that I missed Christmas. My fiance came back to me later with a little Christmas tree he drew. It was so sweet and made me so happy. We put it up every year now. :)

Zakiya LadyWings said...

Awwwww!! That's so sweet! I'm sure you cried tears of joy then :). I know I would have. Do they not celebrate Christmas? Or they just don't worry about decorating?

Thanks for commenting,
Zakiya.

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment! I love reading what you have to say, whether good or bad. (This is not an open invitation to be rude.)

This blog is an award-free zone. I simply don't have the time to pass them on. Thanks for thinking of me, though :).