Click the banner to visit the site!

Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Teaser Tuesday (28th Dec, '10)

This meme is hosted weekly by MizB @ Should Be Reading. Anyone can participate, even if you don't have a blog (you can post back in MizB's comments).

*Grab your current read.

*Open to a random page.

*Share two (2) "teaser" sentences from that page. You can share more if you want!

*BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS!!! (Make sure that what you share doesn't give away too much information. You don't want to ruin the book for others!)

*Share the title and autor as well, so that Teaser participants may add to their TBR list/s if they enjoy your teasers!

*Leave a link in the comment section of MizB's blog so that others can check out your teasers! You may leave your teasers here with the book title and author if you do not have a blog. (MizB's Blog)

This week's teasers are coming in Speak by Laurie Halse Anderson (GoodReads, Amazon):

"I wonder if they called him down to Principal Prinicpal's office and put this on his Permanent Record. He has stopped working on his canvas, the painting we all thought was going to be this awesome, earth-shattering piece of art that would be auctioned for a million dollars. The art room is cold, Mr. Freeman's face a shade of gray-purple. If he wasn't so depressed, I'd ask him what the name of that color is. He just sits on his stool, a blue broken cricket husk."
~From page 91~

Well, that's all for this week's teasers. I hope you enjoyed them! Happy 2011, everyone!
-- Zakiya LadyWings

8 comments:

Elodie said...

I definitely have to buy this book !! It seems so heartbreaking and moving !!! I've heard the movie is great too ! Happy reading!! Here's my TT if you'd like to take a look at it : onceuponaquote.blogspot.com !!

Sassy Brit @ Alternative-Read.com said...

Intriguing teaser!

Here is mine

Hope you had a great Christmas and you are enjoying the break.

Happy New Year!

Sassy
http://alternative-read.com

jlshall said...

Interesting teaser! This sounds like a very intense read. Hope you're enjoying it.

Anonymous said...

Looks like a powerful book

My teaser can be found here

Zakiya LadyWings said...

Thank all of you for commenting! :D I have posted on the posts that yall left links, too.

Happy New Year!
Zakiya C:

Unknown said...

Oh, it is an intense read but it is amazing. I think I shall re-read this one soon.

If you have been a stranger at Steampunkery & Book Reviews please do stop by and check out Morbid Romantica Challenge 2011 it should be so much fun.  I can hardly wait to start!

Also, Enter Ridley's Giveaway for a chance at a Hardcover copy of Beautiful Creatures!

Mad Scientist

Nina B. said...

Very poetic teaser. I have never read this book before and I badly need to get a copy.

Here's mine if you want to check it out.

Brush Up On Your Reading

CMash said...

Profound teaser!
Happy New Year!

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment! I love reading what you have to say, whether good or bad. (This is not an open invitation to be rude.)

This blog is an award-free zone. I simply don't have the time to pass them on. Thanks for thinking of me, though :).