Click the banner to visit the site!

Friday, December 3, 2010

Book Blogger Hop (3 Dec, '10)

I haven't participated in this in a while, but I have missed visiting other fabulous blogs!

As always, this meme is hosted by Jennifer @ Crazy-for-Books.

This week's question comes from Marce @ Tea Time With Marce:

"What very popular and hyped book in the blogosphere did you NOT enjoy and how did you feel about posting your review?"

My answer:

--- Honestly, I have never read a book that everyone else enjoyed and NOT liked it. So I guess this doesn't exactly apply to me this week :). Although I thought I would have that problem when I read Nightlight (by Harvard Lampoon). I had heard a lot of people say that they absolutely hated the book. And I did, too, at first. But once you get into the story line more, you really start to enjoy it, as I did.

Anyway, I've never actually had a "popular and hyped book" that I didn't enjoy (: .

Happy Reading to all,
Zakiya TWB

15 comments:

Carissa said...

Hey Zakiya! Thanks so much for taking the time to follow me. I came by to return the favor and become a follower of yours!


Regarding Fallen, I think you should give it a chance. Despite the negatives, there were a few good things about it. I have also heard that Torment is a lot better. So, it might be worth it to read Fallen.

Happy Hop!

Zakiya LadyWings said...

Thank you for following me, Carissa!

I still definitely want to give it a chance because the series looks really interesting.

Happy Hopping to you as well :).

Alissa said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog! :]

I love reading books that receive negative reviews and ending up liking them. It's a great feeling.

Have an awesome weekend!

Anonymous said...

I agree! I've enjoyed most of the popular books.

Anonymous said...

Hi Zakiya, thanks for stopping by my blog! Hope you have a great weekend :)

Zakiya LadyWings said...

Awesome! And Alissa, you are totally welcome forthe visit! Thanks for visiting my blog, ladies!

~~Zakiya

Unknown said...

hiya! stopping by from Blog Hop. Luck you! You never had to rip your hair out from a book so many have praised ;) new follower.

Happy Blogging!

Carrie at In the Hammock Blog said...

thanks for stopping by my blog, i'm following you now too! i'm glad you haven't been disappointed in any popular books :)

Unknown said...

Hi! Thanks for stopping by my blog. I love the color changing butterflies on the left. I'm now following you.
Have a great weekend :)
Caroline @ Bon Bons and Reveries

Zakiya LadyWings said...

Thank you to Meghan, carrie, and Caroline for following me and for stopping by my blog! :D Thank you Caroline, about the rating symbols :).

~~Zakiya

Hannah @ Every Little Thing said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog! Returning the favor, also following! Have a great weekend!

Susan said...

Wow, I can't believe you've never read an overhyped book that you didn't like. That's amazing! I've read plenty.

Anyway, so glad to have found you via the Hop!

Zakiya LadyWings said...

Thanks to Hannah and Susan for stopping by and commenting!

~Zakiya

Alison Can Read said...

Hopping through. I'm too scared to try Nightlight but I really should.
My Hop

La Coccinelle said...

You're lucky! I wish I didn't hate as many over-hyped books as I do. It would be nice to be pleasantly surprised for a change.

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment! I love reading what you have to say, whether good or bad. (This is not an open invitation to be rude.)

This blog is an award-free zone. I simply don't have the time to pass them on. Thanks for thinking of me, though :).