Click the banner to visit the site!

Friday, December 17, 2010

Book Blogger Hop (17 Dec, '10)


As always, this meme is being hosted by Jennifer @ Crazy-for-Books.

This week's question comes from Alex over @ Geek on the Brink:

"What do you consider the most important in a story: the plot or the characters?"

My Answer:

Hmm, that's sort of a hard one. I think I'm going to go with the plot. Sure, you want good characters, but you really need a good plot that carries the reader throughout the book. Keeps them wanting to continue the novel. If you have good characters but no plot, it just sorta defeats the whole purpose of writing the book. The plot's definitely more important, rather than the characters (my opinion!).

Happy Reading, and Merry Christmas!

6 comments:

BLHmistress said...

HI stopping by to wish you a Happy Holidays . I think both is needed for a good story.

My Follow Friday/Book Blogger Hop

Small Review said...

Haha, I am the COMPLETE opposite :) I'll read a book with a so-so plot and barely even notice as long as the characters are great.

Hope you have a good weekend :)

Zakiya LadyWings said...

Thank all of you for commenting! I will not have the time to hop tonight, but I will tomorrow morning! :D

Happy Holidays,
Zakiya

Selena said...

Hi! Thanks for hopping by The Enchanted Book and following. I'm here to do the same.

Hope you had a wonderful weekend!

Selena
http://theenchantedbook.blogspot.com/

Zakiya LadyWings said...

Thank you for returning the favor, Selena! :D

Zakiya

brave chickens said...

Hi, thanks for coming by my blog :)
I adore your rating system, the butterflies are cute!
Yes, plot trumps characters, but bad characters do defeat the purpose of writing a book. Nice point.

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment! I love reading what you have to say, whether good or bad. (This is not an open invitation to be rude.)

This blog is an award-free zone. I simply don't have the time to pass them on. Thanks for thinking of me, though :).