Click the banner to visit the site!

Thursday, June 9, 2011

Thursday Interpretation #14 & Library Unveiled #4

Thursday Interpretations is a "meme," which means that you may participate in this on your blog, but I won't be advertising it nor adding a Linky for links to your post/s.

Anyway, Thursday Interpretation will be a weekly post where I post a motivational quote (and/or a book quote) and tell you my feelings about it. You are more than welcome to post a comment telling how you feel about the quote.

*Remember that these are only my opinions. They are not influenced by anyone else.*

This week's motivational quote:

"Becoming a good person is a lifelong effort that requires letting go of anger at others and holding on to responsibilities for the mistakes you've made. And it takes forgiveness." ~Bill Clinton, My Life

My Thoughts: I agree with this quote thru and thru. It's not easy to be a good person sometimes, and it's not something that everyone agrees on, because we all have different opinions on what a good person is.
_______________________________________________________________________


This meme was started by my good 'ole blogging friend, The Mad Scientist @ Steampunkery & Book Reviews; every Thursday, you are supposed to post 5 books from your shelf and maybe give a snippet of your thoughts about the book. You can use physical books, ebooks, audios, whatever you have that makes up your library :). This week I'm unveiling:

Mansfield Park by Jane Austen:
Bought this at my library's book sale. Loved Pride and Prejudice, which was the first of Austen's books that I'd read, so I'm sure that I will love this one as well.

A Walk to Remember by Nicholas Sparks:
The movie for this book was ahmazing! It's how I found out about the book actually; I have been wanting to read it for quite a while, and now I'm anxious to open it up! :D

Shiver (The Wolves of Mercy Falls, #1) by Maggie Stiefvater:
There's a bunch of hype around the release of the latest book in this series, Forever, so I'm really glad that I'm starting the series :).

Going Bovine by Libba Bray:
The first time I ever saw this book was on GoodReads as a group's spotlight read. I was instantly interested because of the cow on the front page. Excited to read it! :P

The Cay by Theodore Taylor:
I had to read this two years ago for a Gifted unit. I loved it then, and haven't been able to get ahold of the sequel, Timothy of the Cay. Am rereading to refresh my memory :)


What's in your library?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment! I love reading what you have to say, whether good or bad. (This is not an open invitation to be rude.)

This blog is an award-free zone. I simply don't have the time to pass them on. Thanks for thinking of me, though :).