Click the banner to visit the site!

Friday, June 10, 2011

Book Blogger Hop #16 & Fun Friday #5

As always, the Book Blogger Hop is hosted by Jen over @ Crazy-for-Books.

**Since Jen couldn't get the post up this week, her blog BFF Lori over at Lori's Reading Corner is hosting Book Blogger Hop!**

This week's question is:

"Who is the one author that you are dying to meet?"

My answer: To be honest, I don't have just one author that I'm dying to meet. As of right now, I would love to meet JK Rowling, Stephenie Meyer, Cassandra Clare, and Gwen Hayes. Believe me, those are only my top favorites; that is not even one-eighth of the list that's forming in my head. I would really love to meet any author if I got the chance, since I've never met one before :).

What author would you want to meet?

**Since Blogger's GFC is on and off lately, you can follow me via GoodReads and/or Twitter!**
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This is a meme that one of my really good blogging friends, Destiny @ Green Lillipads, started, and I thought it was a really awesome idea! You just post a book, CD, song, movie, etc. that you think is really cool for that week :). This week's cool-spotlight is on:


Hate List
By Jennifer Brown
Publishing year: 2009
Genres: Young Adult, Realistic Fiction, Coming of Age, Romance, Some Action

Synopsis (from goodreads.com): Five months ago, Valerie Leftman's boyfriend, Nick, opened fire on their school cafeteria. Shot trying to stop him, Valerie inadvertently saved the life of a classmate, but was implicated in the shootings because of the list she helped create. A list of people and things she and Nick hated. The list he used to pick his targets.

Now, after a summer of seclusion, Val is forced to confront her guilt as she returns to school to complete her senior year. Haunted by the memory of the boyfriend she still loves and navigating rocky relationships with her family, former friends and the girl whose life she saved, Val must come to grips with the tragedy that took place and her role in it, in order to make amends and move on with her life.

 
 
Happy Reading!

24 comments:

Shalena @ Writer Quirk said...

Rowling is in my short list as well. New follower just hopping by! ^_^

Shalena @ Writer Quirk

Anonymous said...

Just hopping by.

http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2011/06/book-blogger-hop_10.html

Natalie W said...

Interesting, I haven't seen Rowlings name come up, your the first one. I would have thought more people would have chose her.
Happy Friday! Thanks for stopping by. Followingtoo
Natalie :0)

kathy said...

Fun choices. I think Cassandra Clare's tweets are hilarious, so I bet she'd be pretty entertaining in person. :)
Happy Friday.
kathy from Read This Instead

Alissa said...

Oooh, I would love to meet JK Rowling, too! Thanks for stopping by! :]

Marla said...

Hello! Returning the visit, and thanks for the RT. :) I've got J.K. on my short list, as well, though, like you, my actual list is much longer.

Unknown said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog! I would love to meet JK Rowling! Happy hopping and have a great weekend!

Crystal @ Elegantly Bound Books

Barnard Baker said...

Thanks for stopping by!
It is never easy choosing just one of anything... books and authors in particular. I would love to meet Cassandra Clare too!
Have a lovely weekend! :)

BookMarc Blogpants said...

Thank you for stopping by my blog a bit earlier, reading my post and following...triple goodness!
Cute blog you've got here and love the creative title. Now following.
Marc

Amber at The Musings of ALMYBNENR said...

I definitely agree with all of those authors! Thank you for stopping by!

Jessica @ a GREAT read said...

Wow! You picked a lot of the big leagues! I would love to meet J.K. Rowling as well! You think she would have a 7 book limit?! ;)

Thanks for visiting my blog! I'm a new follower for you!


Have a GREAT weekend!

Jessica@a GREAT read

Howard Sherman said...

Wow! Every answer I’ve read is a great one. Some have been surprising, too.

The one author I have to meet before I die? Tricky question! It took me a long time – much longer than usual – to come up with an answer.

Who’s that author I’m dying to meet?

Hop this way to find out my roguish answer – http://www.howardsherman.net

Howard A. Sherman, Implementor
http://www.howardsherman.net

Zakiya LadyWings said...

Thanks to everyone who commented, followed, etc. :D

Kathy said...

Thank you for following me, following you back.

I would love to meet JK Rowling as well. I actually got to meet Cassandra Clare when she came to Ottawa. She's super nice and hilarious. I hope you get to meet her soon!

newshadeofgreen said...

Hi! Thanks for stopping by my blog :). I'm following you back! J.K. Rowling would be on my short list of authors I'm dying to meet. She was my first thought... but I choose differently because I've gotten to know (in a way) other authors through their blogs and twitter which make me interested to meet them in person. I wish Rowling was more interactive with her fans. I hope she writes something new soon! Here’s my Hop and Follow post! ~ Jen @ A Book and a Latte

кєяo said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog. Rowling was the first author that came to my mind too.
Kero

Felicia said...

I know how hard it is to pick an author haha, there are just so many incredible writers! (: I would want to meet Cassandra Clare (The Mortal Instruments omg) or JK Rowling (Harry Potter<3).

Check out my Book Blogger Hop! (: New follower.

Amanda from Novel Addiction said...

Hello! Hopping through and returning the follow. I hope you're having a wonderful weekend. I would love to meet JK Rowling as well! I'm sure she's a magic (haha) woman to meet!

Happy reading!
Amanda
glowsnoveladdiction.blogspot.com

Jamie @ Bookerella said...

I definitely agree with most of your choices, especially Cassandra Clare. That's a great group of authors! Thanks for stopping by my blog, following you now!!

Jamie @ Bookerella

Sniffly Kitty said...

Thanks for stopping by!

There are definitely too many good authors out there to try to name them all ^.^ I agree that it would definitely be cool to meet JK Rowling ^.^

New Follower!

Alexis @ Reflections of a Bookaholic said...

I've never met an author either. I would be nervous mess if I ever got the chance to meet an author.

Unknown said...

Thanks for hopping by :3
JK Rowling is sort of the ultimate pick! Meeting her would be otherworldly haha

I am now a follower!
Happy weekend :D

Jenni Elyse said...

Thanks for stopping by! Good choices! I'd love to meet everyone you mentioned, except Gwen Hayes because I don't know her books. I'll have to check them out.

kavyen said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog. I would have added JK Rowling but just stuck to my topmost :)

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment! I love reading what you have to say, whether good or bad. (This is not an open invitation to be rude.)

This blog is an award-free zone. I simply don't have the time to pass them on. Thanks for thinking of me, though :).