Click the banner to visit the site!

Friday, June 3, 2011

Book Blogger Hop #15 & Fun Friday #4

As always, the Book Blogger Hop is hosted by Jen over @ Crazy-for-Books.

This week's question is:

"Share your favorite post from the last month and tell us why it's close to your heart!"

My answer: To be honest, I don't think I have a favorite post from May. They are all special to me; they symbolize that I'm here for my followers, and also my love for book-blogging. I think all of them are close to my heart really :D.

What's your favorite post from last month?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This is a meme that one of my really good blogging friends, Destiny @ Green Lillipads, started, and I thought it was a really awesome idea! You just post a book, CD, song, movie, etc. that you think is really cool for that week :). This week's cool-spotlight is on:


Wither (Chemical Garden trilogy, #1)
By Lauren DeStefano
Publishing year: 2011
Genres: Young Adult, Fantasy, Coming of Age, Romance, Futuristic
Themes: DeStefano states, "I suppose it's really up to what the reader takes away from it! But I'd personally say life, death, and freedom."

Synopsis (from goodreads.com): What if you knew exactly when you would die?

Thanks to modern science, every human being has become a ticking genetic time bomb—males only live to age twenty-five, and females only live to age twenty. In this bleak landscape, young girls are kidnapped and forced into polygamous marriages to keep the population from dying out.

When sixteen-year-old Rhine Ellery is taken by the Gatherers to become a bride, she enters a world of wealth and privilege. Despite her husband Linden's genuine love for her, and a tenuous trust among her sister wives, Rhine has one purpose: to escape—to find her twin brother and go home.

But Rhine has more to contend with than losing her freedom. Linden's eccentric father is bent on finding an antidote to the genetic virus that is getting closer to taking his son, even if it means collecting corpses in order to test his experiments. With the help of Gabriel, a servant Rhine is growing dangerously attracted to, Rhine attempts to break free, in the limited time she has left.

 
 
Happy Reading!

Stay tuned today for my interview with Cyndi Tefft!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hopping through....I like your diplomatic answer about your posts......
Have a great week!

Elizabeth said...

What a beautiful blog name.

Stopping by from the blog hop.

I like this week's question.

Enjoy!!

Elizabeth

http://silversolara.blogspot.com

Deb Nance at Readerbuzz said...

I like all most posts, too.

I'm stopping by via the Hop. I always follow back.

Also, I wanted to let you know that I am having a wonderful giveaway this month at my blog, Readerbuzz I'm giving away a lovely hardback copy of Anna and the French Kiss! Hope you will stop by.

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment! I love reading what you have to say, whether good or bad. (This is not an open invitation to be rude.)

This blog is an award-free zone. I simply don't have the time to pass them on. Thanks for thinking of me, though :).