Click the banner to visit the site!

Saturday, July 23, 2011

What's your status? (23/7/2011)





This post was inspired by, well, my previous Reading Status posts. I wanted to make it something that everyone could particpate in. Every Saturday (and sometimes Sunday), I will post what I've finished in the past week, what I'm currently reading and where I am in the book/s, what I plan to read next, and possibly what I want to buy/get. I will be trying to do this every week, so be sure to check back every weekend! Be sure to leave your links to your WYS posts in the comments.

This next portion of the post is an idea that I saw on the wonderful blog Small Review. She posts what reviews and memes she has posted and participated in that last week. Remember, however, that it is not mandatory for you to do this part of the post.


Things You Don't Wanna Miss:
~Giveaway!!!!! (Closes on July 30th!) (Update about the giveaway HERE) **There's only one week left to sign up! Make sure you get all your entries in!!!**

Reviews this week:
~The Devil's Arithmetic by Jane Yolen

Memes this week:
~Music Monday
~Teaser Tuesday
~Waiting on Wednesday
~Thursday Interpretation & Library Unveiled


Now, for my status! (Please keep in mind that you do not have to use this exact format. Whatever works for you is what works for me.)

Finished This Week:
1. Night World: Volume 2 (Night World, #4-6) by LJ Smith. Finished on 21/7/2011. I reread this for quite a few challenges on GoodReads. This one is my second favorite of the omnibuses :D.

Currently Reading:
1. Fallen by Lauren Kate. On page 163. Didn't get a chance to focus on this one some more. My goal over the next couple of weeks will be to incoporate this one in just a smidge :)

2. Cloaked by Alex Flinn. Have read 39%. This is getting pretty bad. "Bad" as in I haven't read it in FOREVER. :(

3. The Lens and the Looker by Lory S Kaufman. On page 127. This one is definitely turning into another Before I Fall. I'll have to do something about that ASAP...

4. Tower of Parlen Min by Matt Xell. Have read 10%. This book is super awesome! I am read interested so far, so I'm sure that I will be finishing it quickly :p

Next On My TBR (To Be Read) Pile:
1. Reborn by Ley Mesina
2. The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo by Stieg Larsson

What I Would Like To Buy Next:
~The Girl Who Played with Fire & The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest by Steig Larsson
~Torment by Lauren Kate
~TTYL by Lauren Myracle (?)

Don't forget to leave the link to your WYS post in the comments!

Also, the winner of the 1st Annual WYS Contest is......*drumroll*........

Marla @ Starting the Next Chapter

CONGRATULATIONS, Marla!!!!!! I'll be emailing you soon to get some dates together for you to host WYS for a few weeks. Should be in your mailbox in a few minutes :).

Congratulations again, and thanks to everyone who participated!!! Happy Reading :D

1 comments:

Marla said...

I've had a slooooooow reading week, as you will be able to tell from my WYS post: http://startingthenextchapterbooks.blogspot.com/2011/07/whats-your-status-july-23-2011.html

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment! I love reading what you have to say, whether good or bad. (This is not an open invitation to be rude.)

This blog is an award-free zone. I simply don't have the time to pass them on. Thanks for thinking of me, though :).