Click the banner to visit the site!

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Cryer's Cross by Lisa McMann

Cryer's Cross
By Lisa McMann
Publisher: Simon Pulse, 2011
233 pages, Library Book (hardcover)
Date Finished: 20/6/2011
Genres: Young Adult, Coming of Age, Some Action, Romance, Fantasy
The community of Cryer’s Cross, Montana (population 212) is distraught when high school freshman Tiffany disappears without a trace. Already off-balance due to her OCD, 16-year-old Kendall is freaked out seeing Tiffany’s empty desk in the one-room school house, but somehow life goes on... until Kendall's boyfriend Nico also disappears, and also without a trace. Now the town is in a panic. Alone in her depression and with her OCD at an all-time high, Kendall notices something that connects Nico and Tiffany: they both sat at the same desk. She knows it's crazy, but Kendall finds herself drawn to the desk, dreaming of Nico and wondering if maybe she, too, will disappear...and whether that would be so bad. Then she begins receiving graffiti messages on the desk from someone who can only be Nico. Can he possibly be alive somewhere? Where is he? And how can Kendall help him? The only person who believes her is Jacian, the new guy she finds irritating...and attractive. As Kendall and Jacian grow closer, Kendall digs deeper into Nico's mysterious disappearance only to stumble upon some ugly—and deadly—local history. Kendall is about to find out just how far the townspeople will go to keep their secrets buried.
~from goodreads.com~
~First Line: "Everything changes when Tiffany Quinn disappears."
~Last Line: "Touch me."

Review: This was the first McMann work I'd read, and she has definitely left her mark on me! I am hoping to get my hands on the Dream Catcher trilogy soon.

The main charrie, Kendall Fletcher, lives in a small town named Cryer's Cross. She loves to dance, sing, and play soccer. At the end of the last school year, a girl names Tiffany went missing and no one ever found her. The whole town searched everywhere, but still couldn't find her.

It's the beginning of a new school year and the new kid, Jacian, is the first one on Kendall's list of suspicious people. Then her best friend since as long as she can remember goes missing as well. Just like Tiffany.

The book was phenomonal. The charries were well defined. I loved how Lisa gave us another thing to deal with as well -- Kendall's OCD. IT was definitely something that I'd never read about before, but I unquestionably liked it.

The plot was even better. I had never read anything of the sort before. It pulled me in automatically, and I read all but 20 pages in about 3 hours straight. Then I read the last of it when I got home. (I started it while at the library w/Leanne.)

Overall, this novel was amazing. I actually wouldn't mind a sequel, but it's not really need! :)

Plot Rating: 5
Character Rating: 4
Cover Rating: 4
GoodReads Rating: 4


Overall Rating:
Colorful Animated Butterfly Pictures, Images and PhotosColorful Animated Butterfly Pictures, Images and PhotosColorful Animated Butterfly Pictures, Images and PhotosColorful Animated Butterfly Pictures, Images and Photos and one-fourth

1 comments:

Unknown said...

I love Lisa McMann! Annoyingly Cryer's Cross is called The Missing over here and the cover is a little dodgy looking, so I plan to buy the US edition. I've read Wake and Fade so far, Wake is a definite favourite of mine. :)

ComaCalm's Corner

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment! I love reading what you have to say, whether good or bad. (This is not an open invitation to be rude.)

This blog is an award-free zone. I simply don't have the time to pass them on. Thanks for thinking of me, though :).