Click the banner to visit the site!

Saturday, July 30, 2011

Night World: Volume 2 by LJ Smith

Night World: Volume 2 (Night World, #4-6)
By LJ Smith
Publisher: Simon Pulse, 2008
662 pages, paperback
Date Finished: 21/7/2011
Genres: Action, Coming of Age, Romance, Fantasy, Young Adult
Vampires, werewolves, witches, shapeshifters -- they live among us without our knowledge. Night World is their secret society, a secret society with very strict rules. And falling in love breaks all the laws of the Night World.

In
Dark Angel
, Gillian is saved from drowning by her guardian angel. Only visible to Gillian, Angel will fulfill her heart's every desire. But when Angel starts making strange and sinister requests, Gillian must question who he truly is and where he came from.

Armed with a wooden stake, martial arts, and the will to resist a vampire's mind control, Rashel struggles to avenge her mother's death in
The Chosen
. Then she meets Quinn, her soulmate, who is part of the world she has vowed to destroy.

Hannah receives notes warning her of incredible danger in
Soulmate. But if death is her destiny, is the Lord of the Night World's love strong enough to save her?

~from goodreads.com~
~First Line: "Gillian Lennox didn't mean to die that day."
~Last Line: "And then they just sat together, holding each other as the room filled with light."

Review: I reread this omnibus for about a thousand challenges :), and because I reread Volume 1 last year. I am just basically reliving an amazing series and remembering why I love it! Still waiting to get Secret Fate, too. :D To keep it from being all meshed up, I'll review each story seperately.

Dark Angel: This novel was really awesome. I love how the first thing you read about is Gillian dying. It made the book really interesting. My favorite character in DA: David. David was really down-to-earth. You might think that since he's dating the most popular girl in school, he's stuck up. But he actually isn't.

The Chosen: This story is one of my favorites in the omnibus. Rashel lost her mom and her best friend. You can't help but feel sorry for her. I don't blame her at all for becoming a vampire hunter. My favorite character in TC: Rashel. She was always trying to ultimately be a good person. I mean, who else would let the most infamous vampire EVER escape?! Well, okay, she's more compassionate; not necessarily being a good person.

Soulmate: This is my other favorite in this omnibus. I loved when Hannah did the hypnosis, and she got to learn about her past lives. My favorite character in Soulmate: Thierry. He's seen Hannah in quite a few of her lives and is determined to stop the cycle this time. I love determined characters :).

So as you can see, this omnibus has a lot to offer. The series is truly amazing!! :D

Plot Rating: 5
Character Rating: 5
Cover Rating: 4
GoodReads Rating: 5


Overall Rating:
Colorful Animated Butterfly Pictures, Images and PhotosColorful Animated Butterfly Pictures, Images and PhotosColorful Animated Butterfly Pictures, Images and PhotosColorful Animated Butterfly Pictures, Images and Photos and three quarters :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment! I love reading what you have to say, whether good or bad. (This is not an open invitation to be rude.)

This blog is an award-free zone. I simply don't have the time to pass them on. Thanks for thinking of me, though :).