Click the banner to visit the site!

Monday, July 11, 2011

The 19 Dragons by SM Reine

You'll see in this review, and in tomorrow's, that I'm starting a new rating system. The book's final rating will depend on the Plot, Character, Cover, and whatever rating I put on GoodReads :).
____________________________________________________________
The 19 Dragons
By SM Reine
Publisher: ?, 2011
148 pages, Kindle Edition
Date Finished: 3/7/2011
Genres: Young Adult, Fantasy, Some Action, Romance
There are nineteen provinces in the Land held aloft by nineteen pillars. Above the earth there is sky, and nobody knows what goes below except the Nineteen Dragons.

That is all you need to know, but that is not all there is to be known.

The Device has been stolen and the godlike Dragons have been rendered mortal. Someone is murdering them one by one, and each death brings the world closer to its end. Unless the Device is somehow restored to its deceased owner, the Dragons are doomed to destruction-- and the human world will go with them.

~from goodreads.com~
~First Line: "There are nineteen provinces in the Land held aloft by nineteen pillars."
~Last Line: "What a world."

Review: I was super-excited when SM Reine asked me to read this. It was the first steampunk book I've ever read, and I absolutely loved it! I still have to read her novel, Six Moon Summer, but expect a review of it before July is over :).

The plot of The 19 Dragons was amazing! It was a concept that I'd never heard of before. I liked how each dragon was the symbol for one of nineteen provinces. When a dragon died, a province disappeared into some crazy air space. Even though it's only a novella, I wish it woud've been longer, or had a sequel on the way!

The characters in The 19 Dragons had good detail. They told us about each dragon I believe. I think there may have been one they didn't "visit," but I think SM got all of them. They all have different personalities for sure! But the different personalities make the 148-paged novella what it is.

And, of course, there's romance. Some of the romances we only got to hear about, but the romance between the Second Dragon and the Nineteenth/Fifth Dragon was the one that you actually got to "live" in a way. But it was all cool-cools. That didn't slow the story down not one bit!

Really, this novella was marvelous! I will have to put Six Moon Summer on my Kindle soon so that I can start it! :D

Plot Rating: 4.5
Character Rating: 4
Cover Rating: 5
GoodReads Rating: 5


Overall Rating:
Colorful Animated Butterfly Pictures, Images and PhotosColorful Animated Butterfly Pictures, Images and PhotosColorful Animated Butterfly Pictures, Images and PhotosColorful Animated Butterfly Pictures, Images and Photos and two-thirds :)

2 comments:

Ishita Singh said...

This sounds pretty good ! i really like the cover :)

Heather R said...

this sounds really good! it sounds like the type of genre i would read :D

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment! I love reading what you have to say, whether good or bad. (This is not an open invitation to be rude.)

This blog is an award-free zone. I simply don't have the time to pass them on. Thanks for thinking of me, though :).