Click the banner to visit the site!

Sunday, July 31, 2011

In My Mailbox #27: The End of Summer


In My Mailbox is a meme hosted every week by The Story Siren. To find out how to participate and the "official" details, check out the IMM page.

Anyone can participate in IMM and you are not limited to sharing books that arrive via your mailbox. You can also share books that you've bought or books that you've gotten at the library.

-----------------------------------------------------

Received for Review:
--The Fifth Specter by TS Welti
--Send in the Kids by Max Darnell
Bought on Kindle:
--The Picture of Dorian Gray by Oscar Wilde
--Dracula by Bram Stoker

Netgalley:
--The Lake by Banana Yoshimoto
--Always a Witch by Carolyn MacCullough

Bought The Picture of Dorian Gray after I watched the movie; and randomly bought Dracula at the same time. Can't wait to start Always a Witch :), and I love the cover for The Lake! Send in the Kids and The Fifth Specter look to be pretty interesting as well.


Happy Reading! Leave a link to your IMM in the comments, and I'll be sure to stop by!

18 comments:

Jessica @ a GREAT read said...

I think at some point every paranormal reader needs to read Dracula! I read it years ago and enjoyed it! Even read the sequel from a few years back written by one of Bram's descendants! It was pretty good too!

Happy Reading!

Here's my IMM

Have a GREAT day!

Old Follower :)

Unknown said...

always a witch looks good.
happy reading
my IMM http://ratherbarefoot.blogspot.com/2011/07/in-my-mailbox-8.html

Annette Mills said...

I've heard The Picture of Dorian Gray is very good. I recently read The Importance of Being Earnest, which was my first Wilde. I'll be looking forward to your thoughts. Great stuff this week!

Jessica (Peace Love Books) said...

Always a Witch looks so good! I hope you enjoy it and everything else you got! Here's my IMM if you want to check it out! Happy reading!

-Jessica (Peace Love Books)

Unknown said...

I've seen some pretty good reviews for Always a Witch and I can't wait to read the series. Awesome haul this week, Zakiya!

My IMM

Alison Can Read said...

Great set! I loved Always a Witch. I should really read Dracula as a vampire lover.
My IMM

Katelyn said...

The two you got from Netgalley sound amazing. Happy reading :)

Wee Shubba said...

fantastic IMM. Dracula my fave!!!!

thanks for stopping by my blog

Ayanami Faerudo said...

Oh, Picture of Dorian Gray. I haven't read it yet but I saw the Ben Barnes film. And I should read Once a Witch before Always a Witch comes out.

Thanks for stopping by. ^_^

Amy @ bookgoonie said...

I need to give Dracula a 2nd chance. Thanks for stopping by.

Kristina said...

I am laughing at myself, I have bee seeing Always a Witch and confusing it with Once a Witch, I thought it was the same book, with a new cover. Now I get, it is book 2 :)

http://kristina-worldofbooks.blogspot.com/2011/07/in-my-mailbox-20.html

Lisa said...

I've yet to read Once A Witch! Must do that soon ;) Thanks for stopping by!

Unknown said...

I got Always a Witch a couple of weeks ago! I hope you love it :) Check out my mailbox!

Crystal @ Elegantly Bound Books

Anonymous said...

I like the way you have classics intermixed with your contemporary books! Thanks for commenting at my IMM.

Anonymous said...

The Picture of Dorian Gray by Oscar Wilde is a Bless. Happy Reading.

Marla said...

Hey, Zakiya! Thanks for stopping by. :) I didn't know Always a Witch was on Netgalley! I'll have to check it out and see if I can get approved. Have a great week!

Sugar and Snark said...

Great mailbox!

Almost a Witch looks great :)

Chloe Booklover said...

I have to admit I haven't heard of all of these, but they look good! Thanks for stopping by - we do need to catch up!

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment! I love reading what you have to say, whether good or bad. (This is not an open invitation to be rude.)

This blog is an award-free zone. I simply don't have the time to pass them on. Thanks for thinking of me, though :).