Click the banner to visit the site!

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Interview w/Carrie Harris!!!!!

For those of you who don't know what Carrie's debut novel, Bad Taste in Boys, is about---

Someone's been a very bad zombie.

Kate Grable is horrified to find out that the football coach has given the team steroids. Worse yet, the steroids are having an unexpected effect, turning hot gridiron hunks into mindless flesh-eating zombies. No one is safe--not her cute crush Aaron, not her dorky brother, Jonah . . . not even Kate!

She's got to find an antidote--before her entire high school ends up eating each other. So Kate, her best girlfriend, Rocky, and Aaron stage a frantic battle to save their town. . . and stay hormonally human.

__________________________________________________________

Please help me give a marvelous Butterfly welcome to Carrie Harris everyone!!!!!! :D

1. What influenced you to start writing?
I got an F on my first creative writing assignment in Freshman English. Now, you have to understand a few things about me if you’re going to put this into perspective. Like, I’d never gotten an F before and haven’t gotten one since. And I am incredibly stubborn once someone tells me I can’t do something. So I got the F, and I was pretty sure it didn’t stand for "fabulous." So I wrote the heck out of my next assignment. The teacher gave me an A+ and had me read it for the class, and BAM. I was hooked.

2. What do you do in your spare time between writing?
Well, I’m a mom, so I do a lot of standing on the sidelines at soccer and shuttling kids to dance and trying to find socks that match. But when I have free time, I fill it with some strange hobbies, like crocheting monsters and making cupcakes shaped like skulls and collecting zombie penguins. The other moms think I’m really strange. I think that’s a compliment.

3. What’s your favorite board game?
Hmmm. Do you count Apples to Apples? Because any game that involves golf-ball sized hail and giant squid is awesome. I even played it while I was in labor with my son. My husband and friends let me win, which was probably very smart of them.

4. Who are some of your all-time favorite authors?
I could probably fill pages and pages, so here are just a few: Terry Prachett, Suzanne Collins, Neil Gaiman, Jim Butcher, Maureen Johnson, and Jonathan Maberry.

5. What can we expect from you after the release of Bad Taste in Boys?
Well, I’ve just finished edits on a new Kate Grable adventure called BAD HAIR DAY. It’s about werewolves and nanotechnology and CSI and blueberry flavored astronauts and killer coconuts. I’m really excited about it! And then I’ve got a third book in the works which will be something entirely new and different.

6. I understand that Bad Taste in Boys involves zombies. What gave you the idea for that?
I’ve always loved monsters. I knew I wanted to do a book about a completely normal person who becomes convinced that zombies are invading their town. Because the people in the movies just seem to accept it so easily. Someone runs down the street screaming, “Zombies! Zombies!” and then there’s this mass panic. I wouldn’t stand there and get eaten, but I’d be running away, going, "Are you sure it’s zombies? How do you know? Have you taken a representative sample to the lab for analysis?"

7. Do you have a favorite quote?
I’m partial to Jim Henson’s “It all ends in one of two ways. Either someone gets eaten or something blows up.” That’s kind of how I approach my books.

8. How can my followers and I keep up with you and your books?
Website: http://carrieharrisbooks.com/
Blog: http://carrieharrisbooks.blogspot.com/
Twitter: http://twitter.com/carrharr
Facebook: http://facebook.com/carrharr
Goodreads: http://www.goodreads.com/author/show/1005935.Carrie_Harris



Thanks so much, Carrie, for being able to stop by the blog!!!!! :DD

1 comments:

Kelly said...

Great interview! I wasn't planning on adding this book to my TBR list because it's not the type of thing I would normally read, but I definitely want to read it now.

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment! I love reading what you have to say, whether good or bad. (This is not an open invitation to be rude.)

This blog is an award-free zone. I simply don't have the time to pass them on. Thanks for thinking of me, though :).