Click the banner to visit the site!

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Falling Under by Gwen Hayes

Falling Under (Falling Under, #1)
By Gwen Hayes
Publisher: New American Library, 2011
324 pages, paperback
Date Finished: 9/6/2011
Genres: Young Adult, Fantasy, Coming of Age, Romance, Some Adventure
Theia Alderson has always led a sheltered life in the small California town of Serendipity Falls. But when a devastatingly handsome boy appears in the halls of her school, Theia knows she's seen Haden before- not around town, but in her dreams.

As the Haden of both the night and the day beckons her closer one moment and pushes her away the next, the only thing Theia knows for sure is that the incredible pull she feels towards him is stronger than her fear.

And when she discovers what Haden truly is, Theia's not sure if she wants to resist him, even if the cost is her soul.

~from goodreads.com~
~First Line: "Everything changed the night I saw the burning man fall from the sky."
~Last Line: "And together we fell under."

Review: When I started reading Falling Under, I was automatically  pulled in (like I was with all the other books being featured this week; LOL). Again, this was a completely new concept for me, but I really loved it.

As I met Theia and learned more about her past and her family and friends, I was pulled in even more! The way Theia was raised after her mother died, not being able to go anywhere or barely do anything -- I think it's all sort of ridiculous. But I guess when I reached the end of the book, it made sense as to why he was so protective.

The supernatural beings in this one were demons. Nope, no angels. That's what I loved about this one (among about a thousand other things) -- even though there were demons, there weren't angels trying to fight them back or anything. It was very nice anything :).

On to the male of the book: Haden. Half-demon, half-human. I love it! All he's ever wanted was to be completely human; it was pretty cool that he and Theia met every night in the demon world of Under. It was crazy cool, but so mysterious! Although I believe when she actually traveled to Under is was even better. For, you know, traveling purposes, of course :D.

Simple: Get. This. Book. No questions should be forming in your head. The book is amazing. Get it!

Colorful Animated Butterfly Pictures, Images and PhotosColorful Animated Butterfly Pictures, Images and PhotosColorful Animated Butterfly Pictures, Images and PhotosColorful Animated Butterfly Pictures, Images and PhotosColorful Animated Butterfly Pictures, Images and Photos

Quotes from the book:
"So he was a sweet-talking, cross-dressing, fortune-telling . . . surfer?"
"My makeup was an altogether different experience. Shellacked and powdered, I protested her heavy hand, but my objections were dismissed. As were my protests about the red halter shirt she put me in, claiming it was a dress. If my future included a street corner and a pimp named Ice Money, I'd be ready."
" 'Donny, it would be like opening a barn door during a stampede and expecting only the brown cow with the blue collar to enter. You can't control a stampede.' "

1 comments:

SimplyMe said...

It sounds amazing! Haven't read this yet, but want too. Great review!

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment! I love reading what you have to say, whether good or bad. (This is not an open invitation to be rude.)

This blog is an award-free zone. I simply don't have the time to pass them on. Thanks for thinking of me, though :).