Click the banner to visit the site!

Saturday, November 13, 2010

Zan-Gah: A Prehistoric Adventure by Allan Richard Shickman

Zan-Gah: A Prehistoric Adventure (Zan-Gah, #1)
By Allan Richard Shickman
Publisher: Earthshaker Books, 2010 (second printing)
148 pages, paperback
Date Finished: 11/ 11/ 2010
Genres: Young Adult, Historical Fiction, Action, Adventure, Coming of Age

~First Line of Book: "From a long dfistance a traveler, or some wild thing, might see within the deep and absolute blackness of night an intense orange light which looked from afar like a glowing coal."
~Last Line of Book: "Dael smiled."

Review: Firstly, I would like to send a big THANK YOU to Bonnie Lenz at Earthshaker Books for contacting me and asking me to review this book; another thank you to Mr. Shickman for autographing the book.

Now on to my review.

Zan-Gah: A Prehistoric Adventure was an amazing series debut. The story's main character, Zan, is serious a lot, and has a twin named Dael, who is always cheerful and happy. Dael and Zan have a fight one day over food, and Dael wanders off -- and never returns. A year later, Zan earns a new name, Zan-Gah, for his bravery in the killing of an enemy. Zan starts having strange dreams about Dael and sets off to find and rescue his lovable brother. Zan makes new friends and basically becomes a man during his struggle to stay alive and successfully find his twin. Adventure, action, unity and forgiveness. This series debut will have you reading it whenever you ahve the chance! I recommend this book to all Historical Fiction lover. A great read indeed :).

Rating:
Colorful Animated Butterfly Pictures, Images and PhotosColorful Animated Butterfly Pictures, Images and PhotosColorful Animated Butterfly Pictures, Images and PhotosColorful Animated Butterfly Pictures, Images and Photos

Quotes from the Book:

--And now for the bad news: I read the book so fast and was so into it that I forgot to gather quotes from the novel! I am sorry that you all have to suffer because of it, but at least now you might actually go buy the book (lol). But no matter. I wish to very Happy Reading!!

1 comments:

earthshakerbooks said...

Here's a line I liked: "It was plain to see that the landscape of Dael's soul was charred; the wind had blown a fire through and everything living had been burnt to blackness."

Thanks for reviewing. I'm glad you liked Zan-Gah.

A. R. Shickman

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment! I love reading what you have to say, whether good or bad. (This is not an open invitation to be rude.)

This blog is an award-free zone. I simply don't have the time to pass them on. Thanks for thinking of me, though :).