Click the banner to visit the site!

Saturday, November 27, 2010

Marvelous Bookish Quotes (1)

I was just looking for a quote to use as my blog description, and I found several that are really awesome! Thought I would post them on here for your enjoyment :).

"The worth of a book is to be measured by what you can carry away from it."
~James Bryce

"Anyone who says they have only one life to live must not know how to read a book."
~Unknown Speaker

"There is a great difference between an eager man who wants to read a book and a tired man who wants a book to read."
~G.K. Chesterton

"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside a dog , it's too dark to read."
~Groucho Marx

"I find television to be very educating. Every time somebody turns on the set, I go in the other room and read a book."
~Groucho Marx

"My test of a good novel is dreading to begin the last chapter."
~Thomas Helm (now this blog's description (located under blog title)!)

"You know you've read a good book when you turn the last page and feel a little as if you have lost a friend."
~Paul Sweeney

"Books had instant replay long before televised sports."
~Bern Williams

"A book that is shut is but a block."
~Thomas Fuller

"Never judge a book by its movie."
~J.W. Eagan

"That is a good book which is opened with expectation and closed with profit."
~Amos Bronson Alcott

If you'd like to see the webpage I got these from, click here.

If you have any bookish quotes you'd like to share, feel free to leave them in comments below! :D

Happy Reading,
Zakiya TWB

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment! I love reading what you have to say, whether good or bad. (This is not an open invitation to be rude.)

This blog is an award-free zone. I simply don't have the time to pass them on. Thanks for thinking of me, though :).