Click the banner to visit the site!

Monday, July 15, 2013

Book Reviews: Mash Up #4

If He Had Been With Me by Laura Nowlin
Kindle Edition
Did Not Finish
Genres: Young Adult, Romance, Coming of Age, Realistic Fiction
Goodreads page

Motivation to Read It: The title of the novel was very intriguing, so I decided to give it a try. Whether or not I read the synopsis, I don't remember.

Review: I was really looking forward to this novel, hoping and thinking that it would be another Hate List or Before I Fall. And it might be, but it didn't grab me enough for me to feel like this was the right time to find out.

The main character, Autumn, was quite mislead in her love for Jamie and reading about it did nothing but sicken me and raise my blood pressure. To the point where I had to put the book my Kindle down because it was starting to depress me.

Maybe at some point in the future, maybe next year, I will remember this book and come back to it, but right now I feel as if it isn't doing anything for me.
________________________________________

My Own Worst Frenemy (Langdon Prep, #1) by Kimberly Reid
Kindle Edition
Did Not Finish
Genres: Young Adult, Realistic Fiction, Chick Literature, Romance, Mystery
Goodreads page

Motivation to Read It: It just looked like a good Chick-Lit novel. Again, however, I can't remember if I read a synopsis or not. (Honestly, I'm not sure if this would even be considered Chick-Lit, but  it seemed like it to me.)

Review: The first book in the Langdon Prep series seemed much too slow for me. I felt like not enough was happening, and that made it harder for me to get into the story line and actually read it.

Also contributing to my dislike: the genre. I don't think it was the right time for me to be reading a Chick-Lit novel because it just seemed like an overloaded, very annoying amount of drama. Usually, with any other book in this genre, I would be intrigued and just had to know everything about everything. That didn't happen for me with Reid's novel, sadly. Hopefully it was just the timing that was off for me.

I hope that this novel, too, will run across my path again for another try.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment! I love reading what you have to say, whether good or bad. (This is not an open invitation to be rude.)

This blog is an award-free zone. I simply don't have the time to pass them on. Thanks for thinking of me, though :).