Click the banner to visit the site!

Friday, July 5, 2013

Book Reviews: Mash-Up #3

Sweet Peril (Sweet Trilogy, #2) by Wendy Higgins
371 pages, Kindle Edition
Finished on 13/6/2013
Genres: Young Adult, Paranormal, Romance, Action, Adventure
Goodreads page

Motivation to Read It: I loved Sweet Evil and bought this sequel before I was even finished reading the first.

Review: The second installation in the Sweet trilogy wasn't as great as its prequel. I'm not sure exactly what it was missing, but if I had to guess, I'd say it was action. A good cause for the lack of action was the constant mention of the romance between Anna, Kaiden, and Kope. Of course, this is probably just to me.

I did love the army-building, though. It was nice to meet other Nephs as well as catching up with oldies. I'm so excited to read the next book in the series! Oh, and did I mention that Kaiden is my fictional husband now?

Colorful Animated Butterfly Pictures, Images and PhotosSatisfying eBookColorful Animated Butterfly Pictures, Images and Photos
________________________________________

Along for the Ride by Sarah Dessen
436 pages, Kindle Edition
Finished on 23/6/2013
Genres: Young Adult, Romance, Realistic Fiction, Adventure (in reference to her quest)
Goodreads page

Motivation to Read It: I'm determined to read all of Dessen's work, and since I've only read This Lullaby before this, I've still got quite a few books to read!

Review: The unique life of the main character (Auden) kind of reminded me of Kelly Oram's novels and their rare charries. I think that might have been what made Along for the Ride even better for me.

Auden hasn't had the best life, but through  it all I'd say she's been pretty productive with her schooling. Not that it could have possibly been any other way with the parents she had . . . actually.... Nevermind. I forgot about Hollis. Guess it was a possibility lol.

Anyway, the summer Auden spent with Heidi and her dad seemed like so much fun. Heidi especially tried to make her feel at home and welcomed Auden with open arms. My favorite part about the summer, though, was Auden's nightly escapades with Eli. It honestly made me want my own quest to go on!

Sarah Dessen continues to live up to the reputation I've heard given to her, and I'm hoping another of her books will come across my path soon!

Colorful Animated Butterfly Pictures, Images and PhotosShelf-WorthyColorful Animated Butterfly Pictures, Images and Photos

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment! I love reading what you have to say, whether good or bad. (This is not an open invitation to be rude.)

This blog is an award-free zone. I simply don't have the time to pass them on. Thanks for thinking of me, though :).