Click the banner to visit the site!

Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Book Tour Review: Chameleon by Kelly Oram

YEAR THREE. This is the third Kelly Oram book tour I've participated in. Like last year at the start of my third blogging year, I'm very proud to have made it this far.
______________________________________________

Chameleon (Supernaturals, #1) by Kelly Oram
356 pages, Kindle Edition
Finished on 10/7/2013
Genres: Paranormal, Romance, Young Adult
Goodreads page

Motivation to Read It: It's Kelly Oram. Come on now. But she asked me to be on the tour, if that clears things up for you :).

Review: Wow. I didn't think Oram's books could get any better. But ... wow. Oh, and did you catch that this is another PNR novel? Well, let me tell you -- this is one of the best ideas I've ever seen in a PNR plot.

The plot was so amazingly magnificent that I'm honestly at a loss for what I feel are the proper words to explain my love for it. On a less poetic note, though, this story line was very intriguing! It wasn't necessarily action-packed, but there was enough heart-wrenching, raging romance that it didn't even matter. I found myself yelling at Danielle for keeping Ryan around more than anything.

Speaking of romance, the characters in general were really great. Danielle really handled everything well if you ask me. Most people probably would've given up and said whatever a long time before the end of the book; but as Dani said, she "wasn't anyone else."

Gabriel was without a doubt my favorite character throughout the book. He is so sweet and innocent and actually truly cares for Dani, which is nice to know with all the back-stabbers and people wanting to use her that she had in her life. On the exact opposite page, you'll find that Russ was my absolute least favorite character. In the very beginning he was cool, and I felt bad for him and Dani, but when Gabriel was brought into the mix, Russ made me want to beat the crap out of him. All the time. Literally.

But when you think about it, those are the kinds of characters you want books to have -- ones that you either can't it through the book without or ones that make a few violent tendencies come out. As long as they're wonderful enough to spark serious emotion, the charries are doing their purpose in helping to give you the story.

Overall, I, of course, loved Chameleon. I'm so excited for the second book in the series! While I'm sure Oram won't disappoint, second-in-the-series books always bring a little hesitation, no matter how good the first was. Either way, I shall have quite the amount of time to wait on the sequel since this one just came out.

Colorful Animated Butterfly Pictures, Images and PhotosShelf-WorthyColorful Animated Butterfly Pictures, Images and Photos

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment! I love reading what you have to say, whether good or bad. (This is not an open invitation to be rude.)

This blog is an award-free zone. I simply don't have the time to pass them on. Thanks for thinking of me, though :).