Click the banner to visit the site!

Monday, July 8, 2013

Review: Defiance by CJ Redwine

Yesterday I realized that, going along with the fact that each blogging year will be represented by a post, each day's post has something to do with the number 1 2 3 or 4. So that shall be interesting :).

So today is YEAR ONE. In representation of the day I started this blog as a new hobby/obsession, Defiance is the first novel in a series, and we all know that series can become obsessions. :D
______________________________________________

Defiance (Courier's Daughter, #1) by CJ Redwine
416 pages, Kindle Edition
Finished on 6/7/2013
Genres: Dystopian, Young Adult, Some Action, Adventure, Romance
Goodreads page

Motivation to Read It: I'm honestly not sure how I found out about this one.

Review: As I noted above, I have no idea how I came across this book (probably Goodreads), but I'm glad I did! This was a wonderful read, but I hate that it was a library book because I had a big gap in the middle of my reading.

The plot was definitely intriguing for me. I loved the idea of a Cursed One terrorizing the continent's remaining population, although I did feel for Baalboden's ending tragedy. The little choose-your-husband thing (for lack of memory) was interesting as well. After that point in the story, everything was fast-[aced and happening at once. It made it very easy for me to hold my phone or Kindle all day while I read.

The characters were a great part of the book! I couldn't help but fall in love with them immediately. Rachel was so stubbornly set in her ways, but it was a great asset for her to have with this plot because it assured you that something would be done about the situation at hand. Logan ... oh, Logan. He was unquestionably my favorite character in the story and has earned a spot on my mental Book Boyfriend list. He cared for Rachel so much that he risked his life for her, more than one time might I add. Logan was very caring and loving and did what he could to keep those he loved safe. Redwine's characters in general were simply amazing, and I'm excited to read them again in the next book.

Just read it already. You know you want to. It's a great read, and I'm happy that I ran into it!

Colorful Animated Butterfly Pictures, Images and PhotosSatisfying eBook/Shelf-WorthyColorful Animated Butterfly Pictures, Images and Photos

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment! I love reading what you have to say, whether good or bad. (This is not an open invitation to be rude.)

This blog is an award-free zone. I simply don't have the time to pass them on. Thanks for thinking of me, though :).