Click the banner to visit the site!

Saturday, July 6, 2013

Review: Wings by Aprilynne Pike

Wings (Wings, #1) by Aprilynne Pike
290 pages, hardcover
Finished on 28/6/2013
Genres: Young Adult, Paranormal, Fantasy, Romance, Some Action
Goodreads page

Motivation to Read It: I've been wanting to read this book for quite a while. One of my friends at schoool is letting me borrow the series over the summer (woohoo!).

Review: This book wasn't that great to me. It just didn't reach my standards like I'd hoped it would. The main character Laurel made me want to hit her over the head more times than one in the beginning. She seemed to be such a scaredy-cat. Yes, I probably would've been the same way if I was in her shoes, but her character was most of the reason why I was struggling to get into the novel.

Tamani, on the other hand, had my love the first time he was introduced into the story. David, although he didn't make me swoon, was an awesome character. He was so motivational for Laurel, and he was quite the intelligent cookie, if you ask me. (This "hate the girl, love the guy" thing seems to happen to me a lot lately.)

Overall, though, it was okay novel. Not the best but not the worst. I loved the faerie part, especially the blooming and wilting flowers. I'm glad I borrowed Wings instead of buying. Hopefully the other books will be better.

Colorful Animated Butterfly Pictures, Images and PhotosLibrary GrabColorful Animated Butterfly Pictures, Images and Photos

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment! I love reading what you have to say, whether good or bad. (This is not an open invitation to be rude.)

This blog is an award-free zone. I simply don't have the time to pass them on. Thanks for thinking of me, though :).