Click the banner to visit the site!

Friday, July 26, 2013

Review: Elixir by Hilary Duff

Elixir (Elixir, #1) by Hilary Duff
327 pages, hardcover
Finished on 14/7/2013
Genres: Young Adult, Mystery, Romance
Goodreads page

Motivation to Read It: The main reason I've always wanted to read this (and maybe the only reason) is because Hilary Duff has been one of my favourite people (if not my favourite) since Lizzie McGuire. #childhood :")

Review: I must say that Hilary did a wonderful job on the novel. I'm quite excited to read Devoted.

Clea and Sage were a good couple to me. Sage's troubled past added a lot to his character and his mysterious-ness. Clea was such a determined daughter. Even if her dad was never coming back, she simply wanted to at least visit where he was last seen and try to find him herself. (Kind of reminds me of Defiance.) I was also drawn into the fact that Clea had a passion for photography.

The plot was really good! It wasn't too fast but didn't take forever to develop the characters either. The mystery of Sage's past and the strange dreams Clea had about him and other women made it easy to flip through the pages. I desperately wanted to solve the mystery along with the characters!

Overall, this was a really great book, and I'm definitely going to be continuing the series!

Colorful Animated Butterfly Pictures, Images and PhotosSatisfying eBookColorful Animated Butterfly Pictures, Images and Photos
__________________________________________

A little something extra; my favorite Hilary Duff songs:

Come Clean


Hey Now


Beat of My Heart

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment! I love reading what you have to say, whether good or bad. (This is not an open invitation to be rude.)

This blog is an award-free zone. I simply don't have the time to pass them on. Thanks for thinking of me, though :).