Click the banner to visit the site!

Saturday, January 1, 2011

2011 Reading Challenges

Happy New Year!! These are the Reading Challenges I'm participating in for 2011 (below). If you'd like to know how I did on my 2010 challenges, go to this post.


The 2011 Debut Author Challenge is about to start, and this year I am definitely participating!

This will be hosted again by Kristi @ The Story Siren. The challenge starts on Jan 1, 2011, and ends on Dec 31, 2011. Your goal? To read at least 12 Young Adult or Middle Grade author debut novels.

So far I have decided on reading:

~Choker by Elizabeth Woods (Jan 4, 2011)
~Unearthly by Cynthia Hand (Jan 4, 2011)
~Across the Universe by Beth Revis (Jan 11, 2011)
~Warped by Maurissa Guibord (Jan 11, 2011)
~The Iron Witch by Karen Mahoney (Feb 8, 2011)
~Angelfire by Courtney allison Moulton (Feb 15, 2011)
~Clarity by Kim Harrington (Mar 1, 2011)
~Falling Under by Gwen Hayes (Mar 1, 2011)
~The Lipstick Laws by Amy Holder (April 4, 2011)
~Blood Magic by Tessa Gratton (April 26, 2011)
~Divergent by Veronica Roth (May 3, 2011)
~Vicious Little Darlings by Katherine Easer (June 21, 2011)
~Possession by Elana Johnson (June 7, 2011)
~Bad Taste in Boys by Carrie Harris (July 12, 2011)

To get the entire details and info, click here. So what are you waiting for? Get to signing up! :D



Another wonderful 2011 challenge coming your way!! The Wish I'd Read That Challenge 2011 is here for you to read those books on your TBR list that you, well, wish you'd read! It's now being hosted by Misha over at My Love Affair With Books. You can participate whether you have a blog or not!

Now personally, I know I won't be reducing my list to any less that 1100 (my GoodReads TBR shelf has 1349 books on it!). My goal for this challenge is the Addicted level (12 books) and if I finish it, then I will go for Obsessed (20 books).

But anyway, this isn't about me. So what are you waiting for? For full details and info, just go to My Love Affair With Books and sign up while you're there, too!



There is an awesome challenge available to bloggers and non-bloggers!

The 2011 E-Book Reading Challenge is being hosted by The Ladybug Reads from January 1, 2011 till December 31st, 2011. I will be trying to reach the Addicteded (12 e-books) goal this year, as I didn't do so hot this year. Maybe, if I reach that goal, I will shoot for Obsessed (20 e-books). Wish me luck!

For more info/ details, you can visit The Ladybug Reads! Go and sign up today! :D



The Mad Scientist over at Steamounkery & Book Reviews is hosting the Reading Bucket List Challenge 2011. She has a super-long list of categories that you can read books for to mark off of your bucket list. I'm thinking that you read one book for whichever topic you want to read, but she didn't specify.

To learn more info, click here. I'm going to just go down the list and read books I suppose. I'm telling you, there's no way you can't participate in this one; there are so many options! :D



Mad Scientist is also hosting the Morbid Romantica Challenge 2011. Every month, there will be a differrent topic that you are supposed to read books for. I am going to try to read 3 - 5 books for each category.

To learn more about this challenge, click here. So what are you waiting for? Head over to Steampunkery & Book Reviews and sign up!



The wonderful blogger Marcie @ To Read or Not to Read is hosting the Harry Potter Reading Challenge this year! She has seen all the movies, but never read the books -- now she will!! Her schedule is to read one book per month, all the way through July. I thought this would be a great way to recap on one of my favorite series! I will probably starting in February, instead of January.

To learn more details and info, go to the HPRC page.



Britney and Farrah from I Eat Words and Shannon from Stalking the Bookshelves are co-hosting the YA Series Challenge in 2011. You don't have to read the entire series, but as long as they are a part of a series, they count! I know this one will really help me.

My goal is accomplish the 4th and highest level -- "Fully Committed 13-16 Books." I read a LOT of series books so I think this one should be fairly easy.

To sign up, click here or here. (They are both saying the same thing, but you can sign up on either blog.) Go and sign up today! :D

5 comments:

Shannon The Bookstalker said...

Thanks so much for signing up for the Challenge! Have fun and good luck!

Zakiya LadyWings said...

And thank YOU so much for hosting it! This is definitely one that people should host every year! :D

I Eat Words said...

Yay! I'm so excited about starting these challenges! :D

Now I'm thinking about signing up for more. haha. And I can't wait to read Across The Universe!! It looks soo good!

Good luck on your challenges and Happy New Year!

Zakiya LadyWings said...

Thank you! HNY to you as well! :D

Elisabeth Marie said...

You've already got a LOT on your plate, but I just wanted to let you know, if you're interested in discovering Childrens/YA books you might not have previously heard of, I just started my fist reading challenge complete with monthly giveaways! :)
http://ysprincess.blogspot.com/2011/01/1001-childrens-books-you-must-read.html
It's not based on reading a certain amount of books to get to a certain level, it's more...read at your leisure, so maybe it's something to still consider?
Would love to have you join if it’s something that at all interests you.
Keep up the great blogging!
Your follower,
YS Princess

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment! I love reading what you have to say, whether good or bad. (This is not an open invitation to be rude.)

This blog is an award-free zone. I simply don't have the time to pass them on. Thanks for thinking of me, though :).