Click the banner to visit the site!

Friday, August 6, 2010

Friday Memes (6 August, 2010)

I know that I haven't really been on in the last week, but I have a legit excuse: Disney World! But, another topic for another post. This week's ah-mazing memes:


Book Blogger Hop
*hop! hop!* Hey everybody! Once again, the weekly Book Blogger Hop is being hosted by the fabulous Crazy Jennifer from Crazy-for-Books.

This week's question comes from Chelle @ The Prairie Library:

Do you listen to music when you read? If so, what are your favorite reading tunes?

My answer:

Yes, if I have the oppurtunity to play some music while I read, I will. I really don't have a certain thing I listen to while reading, though. Hip Hop/R&B, Classical, Country, Opera (sometimes on the weekends), Rock, Pop; it just all depends on what I think I can block out the best at that moment. However, I am picky about how loud the music is. I can't have it up too loud, or I start singing along to the beat. Not good in books that start slow. :).

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Friday 5654... 55... Yep, I was thinking of 56! This week's Friday 56 is once again being broadcasted by the awesome Tonya @ Storytime With Tonya and Friends. Participation Rules:

*Grab the closest book.

*Turn to page 56. Find the 5th sentence.

*Post that sentence (plus one or two others if you like) along with these instructions on your blog -- or if you don't have your own blog -- in the comments section of this blog.

*Post a link to your sentence/s back on Tonya's blog.

**Don't dig for your favorite book, the coolest or most intellectual. Use the CLOSEST.**

This week's snippets can be found in The Summons by John Grisham:

"A long pull on the bourbon, another long puff on the cigar. 'What about that hosebag who who ditched you? What's her name?' "

"Ray flinched slightly and his heart stopped, but Forrest was gazing at the front lawn and didn't notice."







Even I found these snip.'s to be very interesting! I might read this in my high school years, as I see a little profanity in it. Visit next week for more hopping and snipping, though. Happy Reading! :D.


--Zakiya, the walking butterfly

3 comments:

Tresa said...

Happy Friday ~
~Tresa @ Bippidy Boppidy Boo
http://snewo.wordpress.com/

Unknown said...

Stopping by from the Book Blogger Hop! I'm a new follower and am trying to rebuild my own followers list after having to redo my entire blog over from scratch (still a work in progress) due to a malicious hacker attack. I'd appreciate any and all new followers and will follow back! Thanks for hosting this blog hop and helping us reach out to each other!

Hugs~
CCL (Crazy Cat Lady)
http://crzycatladyslibrary.blogspot.com/

Suko said...

Hi, I am here from the Hop! Your blog is very creative and fun to visit. Enjoy your reading and weekend. :)

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment! I love reading what you have to say, whether good or bad. (This is not an open invitation to be rude.)

This blog is an award-free zone. I simply don't have the time to pass them on. Thanks for thinking of me, though :).