Click the banner to visit the site!

Friday, August 13, 2010

Friday Memes (13 August, 2010)

Today's another Friday the 13th!! OMG! You know what would be really spooky? If we didn't celebrate traditional Friday memes! :)

Book Blogger Hop
Thanks to Crazy Jennifer @ Crazy-for-Books for once again hosting the fantabulous Hop!

This week's question comes from Michelle over at Michelle's Book Blog and it is:

How many books do you have on your 'to be read shelf'?

My answer:

I actually don't really know. On my bookshelf in my room (whcich holds all my books, no category in particular), I have about 5 or 6 books that still have to be read, plus the three on my Kindle. Other than that, I just have a virtual one on Goodreads, about 800-900 of which I don't even own. :)

So how many books 'ya got on your TBR shelf?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Friday 56 Gracias to Tonya @ Storytime With Tonya and Friends for spreading the ah-mazing Friday 56 to bloggers all over the world.

*Grab the closest book.

*Turn to page 56. Find the 5th sentence.

*Post that sentence (plus one or two others if you like) along with these instructions on your blog -- or if you don't have your own blog -- in the comments section of this blog.

*Post a link to your sentence/s back on Tonya's blog.

**Don't dig for your favorite book, the coolest or most intellectual. Use the CLOSEST.**

This week's snippets come from Angels & Demons by Dan Brown:

" 'He called the field New Physics.' Kohler pulled a book from the shelf and handed it to Langdon."


"Langdon felt disconcerted. And the power of God shall unite us all."





Come back next week for more fun Friday Memes! :D


--Zakiya, the walking butterfly

2 comments:

Tammy said...

Just hopping on by to say hi-found your site through the book hop. So glad-I LOVE it! Have a great weekend!

Zakiya LadyWings said...

Thanks, Tammy, for stopping by!!

Zakiya.

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment! I love reading what you have to say, whether good or bad. (This is not an open invitation to be rude.)

This blog is an award-free zone. I simply don't have the time to pass them on. Thanks for thinking of me, though :).