Click the banner to visit the site!

Wednesday, February 27, 2013

#TUSBlood Book Tour: Initiate by Tara Maya

Although the book tour is for Blood, the sixth book in the series, I have indulged myself in the first due to my not having read any of the series before.

Initiate (The Unfinished Song, #1) by Tara Maya
188 pages, Kindle Edition
Finished on 20/2/2013
Genres: Young Adult, Historical Fiction, Romance, Fantasy
Goodreads page

Motivation to Read It: I was contacted about the Blood tour and was interested in the series.

Review: I must say that I sometimes judge books by their covers, but only in the sense of "Is this YA or Adult?" That's the very question I asked myself when I saw the Blood cover, but I think I've finally learned my lesson this time. From the content of the first book, this series is nowhere near adult.

It took me a while to remember that Dindi and a few other main characters were actually teenagers. I'm not sure why, but my brain just wanted them to be adults. Once I got past that, however, the story was so captivating and intriguing to me that it became easier and easier for me to get lost in the . . . pages? (I mean, I was on my Kindle, so what do I say? I was lost in the Kindle Locations? Someone please enlighten me on this matter.)

Anyhow, the plot and setting were definitely interesting. I loved how it was about tribes; with all the books I've read, I've only run into that once so I really wanted to keep reading because it was so refreshing to have something different. The plot carried pretty swiftly, I think. At times it felt like we were just getting used to one thing and then they were moving on to another place or the story had moved on to the next big event. However, I don't necessarily think this was a bad thing because I was so into the novel that I wanted to know what Dindi did next quickly (most times quicker than was really possible).

The characters were also really great. One thing I loved was that we got to see several different perspectives. I always want to know some of the other characters' thoughts and reason for doing things because sometimes that actually helps me to clear up the story. Anyway, Initiate's characters were just amazing. The things they went through, the way they talked -- that made it kind of hard to remember that they were younger teenager. They seemed so much older than what the author wanted them to be. But overall, the charries really were fantastic. They had a lot of life to them, especially Dindi and Gwenika, and that was fun to see.

Initiate as a whole was truly a marvelous book, and I'm excited to start the second novel of the series, Taboo. Take my word for it: you'll really like this book if you're into paranormal!

Colorful Animated Butterfly Pictures, Images and PhotosShelf-Worthy/Satisfying eBookColorful Animated Butterfly Pictures, Images and Photos

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment! I love reading what you have to say, whether good or bad. (This is not an open invitation to be rude.)

This blog is an award-free zone. I simply don't have the time to pass them on. Thanks for thinking of me, though :).