Click the banner to visit the site!

Sunday, May 13, 2012

Goals for Bout of Books 4.0

So I just discovered this marvelous thing known as Bout of Books 4.0 while I was catching up with my bookish friends on Twitter. I've now promised myself to get online more often as I seem to miss the important things, lol!

Anyway, Bout of Books is a "low pressure" readathon, and, being the readathon junkie that I am, I'm all for this one!! It lasts from Monday, May 14th at 12:01 am (your time zone) to Sunday, May 20th 11:59 pm. The goal is to read more than you would normally read during a one-week period. So let the challenge begin!!!!

Here are my goals for Bout of Books 4.0--

(Finish) Revolution by Jennifer Donnelly
Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen
Paranormalcy by Kiersten White
Looking for Alaska by John Green
Hush, Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick

Updates--

Monday, May 14th
~~Books Read From Today: Revolution
~~Total Books Finished: none
~~Pages/Percent Read Today: 297 pgs
~~Total Pages/Percent Read: 297 pgs

Tuesday, May 15th
~~Books Read From Today: Revolution (finished), Looking for Alaska
~~Total Books Finished: 1
~~Pages/Percent Read Today: 144 pages, 6%
~~Total Pages/Percent Read: 441 pages, 6%

Wednesday, May 16th
~~Books Read From Today: Looking for Alaska
~~Total Books Finished: 1
~~Pages/Percent Read Today: 44%
~~Total Pages/Percent Read: 441 pages, 50%

Thursday, May 17th
~~Books Read From Today: Looking for Alaska (finished); Hush, Hush
~~Total Books Finished: 2
~~Pages/Percent Read Today: 62 pages, 50%
~~Total Pages/Percent Read: 503 pages, 100%

Friday, May 18th
~~Books Read From Today: Hush, Hush
~~Total Books Finished: 2
~~Pages/Percent Read Today: 293 pages
~~Total Pages/Percent Read: 796 pages, 100%

Saturday, May 19th
~~Books Read From Today: Hush, Hush (finished); Crescendo (finished)
~~Total Books Finished: 4
~~Pages/Percent Read Today: 463 pages
~~Total Pages/Percent Read: 1259 pages, 100% (will be converted into 221 pages)

Sunday, May 20th
~~Books Read From Today: Silence
~~Total Books Finished: 4
~~Pages/Percent Read Today: 152 pages
~~Total Pages/Percent Read: 1632 pages (includes the 100%)


For more info and to sign up, go to boutofbooks.blogspot.com, and make sure you follow the reading progress of some of the participants through the Twitter hashtag #boutofbooks. You can keep track of what I finish for BOB through my Goodreads and, because they're linked, Twitter accounts.

Happy Reading!!!

4 comments:

creativedeeds said...

So glad you decided to join us! Great list of books! Good luck and have fun!

Zakiya LadyWings said...

Thanks! :D

Unknown said...

I'm going this read-a-thon :) and Looking for Alaska is on my list for this week too ^^. I can't believe that I haven't read this book since I've heard amazing things about it.
Good luck !

Zakiya LadyWings said...

Awesomeness!! I've been reading his books for the past two months now, and I am determined to finish all that he's written :)

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment! I love reading what you have to say, whether good or bad. (This is not an open invitation to be rude.)

This blog is an award-free zone. I simply don't have the time to pass them on. Thanks for thinking of me, though :).