Click the banner to visit the site!

Monday, May 14, 2012

13 Little Blue Envelopes by Maureen Johnson

Hey guys!!! I realize that it has been absolutely FOREVER since I posted a review on here, and I'm super-duper-sorry for that. Forgive me?
_____________________________________________

13 Little Blue Envelopes (Little Blue Envelope, #1)
By Maureen Johnson
Publisher: HarperCollins e-books, 2005
319 pages, Kindle Edition
Date Finished: 13/5/2012
Genres: YA, Adventure, Romance, Realistic Fiction, Coming of Age
When Ginny receives 13 little blue envelopes with instructions to buy a plane ticket to London, she's soon on an adventure that will change her in more ways than one.
~from goodreads.com~

Motivation to Read It: I've had this novel on my Kindle for quite a long time, and it was the Moderator Book of the Month in one of my groups on GoodReads.

Review: Virginia Blackstone, aka Ginny, is your regular, shy, American teenager girl. She had a runaway aunt that died after she left the U.S. and didn't communicate with anyone back home. One day, Ginny gets a letter from her aunt -- months after she's passed. There are thirteen letters in all, each one containing a task that Ginny has to complete before she can open the next letter. These letters take Ginny on a European journey she probably never would've taken on her own.

I loved Ginny's character. She kind of reminded me of myself (the shyness), but I think that was the only thing that I could relate to. I would have been scared poopless if I had to go around Europe following orders from a dead relative without knowing what to expect next. Ginny was pretty brave for that.

The plot was amazing. Once I started reading, I couldn't put my Kindle down. I really didn't expect half of that stuff to happen, especially when she got to Amsterdam. Everything that happens keeps you wondering what Johnson makes her characters do next.

Speaking of characters, I loved the ones in this novel. Especially Keith. At first, I didn't like him that much, but I grew to love him. And Richard. Richard was amazing. I can't really say much about the characters without giving away part of the book, so I'll leave off there :).

Now my goal is to get ahold of The Last Little Blue Envelope, the sequel. I'm sure it'll be absolutely ahmazing! You should definitely try to get this novel. I think you'll really enjoy it :D

Colorful Animated Butterfly Pictures, Images and PhotosColorful Animated Butterfly Pictures, Images and PhotosColorful Animated Butterfly Pictures, Images and PhotosColorful Animated Butterfly Pictures, Images and Photos and a half

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Great review :). I've read this book last year and loved it too ! I really wanted to travel more after reading this book !

Zakiya LadyWings said...

Same here!! I'm still a little freaked out after watching Taken, but that doesn't stop me from wanting to travel lol

Melissas Midnight Musings said...

I read this sometime last year and really liked it. I think you'll really enjoy the sequel as well. :)

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment! I love reading what you have to say, whether good or bad. (This is not an open invitation to be rude.)

This blog is an award-free zone. I simply don't have the time to pass them on. Thanks for thinking of me, though :).