Click the banner to visit the site!

Sunday, May 22, 2011

In My Mailbox #20 & Sunday Confessions #15


In My Mailbox is a meme hosted every week by The Story Siren. To find out how to participate and the "official" details, check out the IMM page.

Anyone can participate in IMM and you are not limited to sharing books that arrive via your mailbox. You can also share books that you've bought or books that you've gotten at the library.

-----------------------------------------------------


Bought at the store (for blogoversary giveaway!):



--Falling Under by Gwen Hayes
--Divergent by Veronica Roth
--Clarity by Kim Harrington

Bought at the store (for leisure):

--Eighth Grade Bites by Heather Brewer
--Firelight by Sophie Jordan
--Beastly by Alex Flinn
--City of Fallen Angels by Cassandra Clare

I've not read any of these yet except for City of Fallen Angels because a friend let me borrow it. I've already started Beastly; great so far!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


This meme was started by Marcie @ To Read or Not To Read. She started it as a way to share a little about herself, but to learn about the rest of us as well. She says, "Sometimes its about books and book related topics and sometimes it's not. This is all in good fun and I would love it if you would participate."

This week's question is

"How do you feel about parents who monitor their children's reading?"

I am okay with it honestly. I know that they don't want us reading anything inappropriate. I understand that perfectly because my mom checks the synopsis of every book I read before she lets me buy it. At the same time, she's had her moments when she's said no to a book that I know for a fact there's nothing wrong with. If there are hundreds of people saying there's nothing wrong with a book, and most of them are somewhere within 10 years of my age, why can't she believe them? She has her moments. On parents as a whole, nothing wrong with it at all; just don't go overboard.

How do you feel about parents monitoring their kids' reading?

Leave a link to your IMM &/or SC and I will be sure to come by! :)

10 comments:

Myranda said...

ohhh City of Fallen Angels, Firelight, Clarity, and Falling Under! I loved them! I hope you enjoy them! Happy Reading!

Here is my IMM: http://mbooknerd1995.blogspot.com/2011/05/in-my-mailbox-20.html

Jeanna said...

You got some great books this week! I hear that Divergent is fantastic! Falling Under sounds amazing. And I just bought City of Fallen Angels too. Here's what I got this week:
http://thebucketlist-gn.blogspot.com/2011/05/imm-not-rapture-edition.html
happy reading!

Momo (Books Over Boys) said...

Awesome book haul! So checkin' back in for that blogoversary giveaway! ;)

BTW, I LOOOOVE your rating scale! The butterfly is so adorable!

DarlingNickey said...

I really enjoyed Falling Under! CoFA was not so impressive :/ but Beastly is on my reading list, too :)

Here is my IMM: http://tinyurl.com/3bzplv9
Nickey @ The Book Shop Assistant

Gina @ My Precious said...

Oh, I so want to read Divergent! I'll look for your upcoming review to see if you like it or not. :-)

Great haul this week - Happy Reading...

Ginny said...

DIVERGENT is AWESOME!! Happy reading, Z.

Jacinda (The Reading Housewives) said...

Such great books! :) I loved Divergent and Clarity and Firelight!!!

Marcie said...

Thanks for your Sunday Confession. It is hard sometimes not to go overboard w/ your kids because you want so bad to protect them from everything. Which is impossible to do. Maybe she'll change her mind in the near future. Have a great week.

Christy @ TheReaderBee said...

So many great books! I still haven't started Divergent, and I really want to read both Clarity and Falling Under. :)

Congrats on your blogaversary!!!

Kristina said...

I need to get Falling Under and Clarity. Awesome books!

Well I don't care what parents do it is there choice, but in all actually kids are going to learn worse things from school. Might as well let them read books. I was reading Danielle Steel in 8th grade and my mom never cared. I'm glad she never said anything to me about what I could or couldn't read, I think she was just glad I was finally reading.

http://kristina-worldofbooks.blogspot.com/2011/05/in-my-mailbox-10.html

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment! I love reading what you have to say, whether good or bad. (This is not an open invitation to be rude.)

This blog is an award-free zone. I simply don't have the time to pass them on. Thanks for thinking of me, though :).