Click the banner to visit the site!

Friday, May 27, 2011

Book Blogger Hop #14 & Fun Friday #3

As always, the Book Blogger Hop is hosted by Jen over @ Crazy-for-Books.

This week's question is from Britta @ I Like These Books:

"Which book-to-movie adaption have you most liked? Which have you disliked?"

My answer: I'm not really sure of this one. There's only so many that I've seen the movie for. It's either I've seen the movie, but haven't read the book; or I've read the book, and have yet to see the film. So basically this week is answered yet again by the words Harry Potter :).

The best b2m adaption, to me, is Deathly Hallows (Part 1) because they put a bunch into it. They really are bringing out all of the aspects from the book. The "worst" adaption to me is Half-Blood Prince. This is one of my favorite books in the series, but the movie just didn't live up to it. There wasn't as much detail in the movie as there was in the book, and it cut down on some of the things I would've loved to see.

What are your favorite & least favorite b2m adaptions?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This is a meme that one of my really good blogging friends, Destiny @ Green Lillipads, started, and I thought it was a really awesome idea! You just post a book, CD, song, movie, etc. that you think is really cool for that week :). This week's cool-spotlight is on:


Between (Between, #1)
By Cyndi Tefft
Publishing year: 2011
Genres: Young Adult, Fantasy, Coming of Age, Romance
Themes: Death, Afterlife, Heaven

Synopsis: It just figures that the love of Lindsey Water's life isn't alive at all, but the grim reaper, complete with a dimpled smile and Scottish accent.

After transporting souls to heaven for the last 300 years, Aiden MacRae has all but given up on finding the one whose love will redeem him and allow him entry through the pearly gates.

Torn between her growing attraction to Aiden and heaven's siren song, Lindsey must learn the hard way whether love really can transcend all boundaries.

 
 
Happy Reading!

4 comments:

Priya said...

I hated the sixth HP movie; made it to my list too! And I loved the book, but there is so little resemblance to it in the movie!! The Deathly Hallows movie was good though, I hope Part 2 is just as good!!

Here's mine: http://peskypiksipesternomi.blogspot.com/2011/05/book-blogger-hop-2.html

Rida (Raindrop Reflections) said...

Same here. I either read the book or see the movie. And as for the movie of HP 6 - blech. I haven't seen the Deathly Hallows yet- I guess I should :)

New follower! Well, I WOULD follow you, only GFC isn't working right now. You can find my post here.

Howard Sherman said...

Let’s kick off Memorial Day Weekend with some scandal and controversy.

I absolutely loved every minute of the Lord of the Rings films and felt they hit the mark when they brought Tolkien’s masterpiece to the big screen.
(ducking as rotten tomatoes are thrown at me as the torches are lit and the pitchforks raised)

Wait, wait. I can explain! Hop on over to my blog and hear me out – http://www.howardsherman.net

Howard A. Sherman, Implementor
http://www.howardsherman.net

Bookingly Yours said...

My favorite books to movies are LOTR and The Notebook. Hated Twulight because of kristen S.

Happy Friday, new follower!
iamjenai

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment! I love reading what you have to say, whether good or bad. (This is not an open invitation to be rude.)

This blog is an award-free zone. I simply don't have the time to pass them on. Thanks for thinking of me, though :).