Click the banner to visit the site!

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Guest Review #7 - Leanne

This is a book series that has also been challenged to be banned. I started reading this, and got 12 pages in, but never got to finish... Hoping to get ahold of them soon! Here's Leanne's review:

First off, I acually understand why some schools would ban this series. It contains VERY descriptive sexual encounter scenes and some drug use and language. It also contains questionable morals, and other things that some 'young adults' should NOT be aware of. I acually enjoyed the series as a whole and the deep meaning of friendship. It was sort of hard to get into it, since there is not really a backstory and since the series is featured in only instant message conversations. The books can be confusing since it skips a whole year between them. I read them a couple of months ago so I am a tad forgetful about all the details, but some moments in the novels really made you 'LOL'; most things in them teenagers in today's society could agree and relate too. I think the novels are good for an adult trying to show teenagers lives, but she tried to put WAY too much in each book. She easily could have made a longer, more enjoyable series instead of 3 books only. I would rate this 3 pins.

I enjoyed it and would recommend it to other teenagers of the same maturity level. It surprises me none that people would challenge this series.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment! I love reading what you have to say, whether good or bad. (This is not an open invitation to be rude.)

This blog is an award-free zone. I simply don't have the time to pass them on. Thanks for thinking of me, though :).