Click the banner to visit the site!

Sunday, November 6, 2011

Midnight Alley by Rachel Caine

Midnight Alley (Morganville Vampires, #3)
By Rachel Caine
Publisher: Signet, 2007
245 pages, paperback
Date Finished: 11/9/2011
Genres: Young Adult, Fantasy, Coming of Age, Romance, Action
A truce between the living and the dead isn't enough to keep Claire Danvers out of danger in this third entry in the Morganville Vampires series.
~from goodreads.com~
~First Line: "The instant the phone rang at the Glass House, Claire knew with a psychic flash that it had to be her mother."
~Last Line: " 'Aren't family reunions nice?' "

Review: The third installment in the Morganville Vampires series was really good. It left me with a huge cliffhanger (which I was forewarned of), and even though I have the next book, I refrained from starting it. For what, I have no clue whatsoever :).

Claire, Michael, Eve, and Shane all have some crazy stuff going on. Claire is an apprentice to super old, but suoer smart, vampire; Michael is getting a grip on being a newborn vamp himself. Shane is enraged that Michael would become a vamp under any circumstances whatsoever. Eve, well, she's just kind of in the middle. She understands why Michael did what he did, but also gets Shane's side of the story. Not to mention that Claire got protection for all the residents of the Glass House.

The characters' emotions in this one were portrayed really well. You could feel what they were feeling, and I think that was really important in Midnight Alley.

The plot was awesome as well. It flowed really good, and, as always, it pulled me right in. When something happened, you wanted to know why, or what was the effect it caused. English, somehow, has little words for me to use to describe these things. (Probably just my vocabulary bank, but that's not the point.) :D

Overall, this book was really great! I'll probably be starting Feast of Fools before the year is over.

Plot Rating: 5
Character Rating: 4.5
Cover Rating: 4
GoodReads Rating: 5

Overall rating:
Colorful Animated Butterfly Pictures, Images and PhotosColorful Animated Butterfly Pictures, Images and PhotosColorful Animated Butterfly Pictures, Images and PhotosColorful Animated Butterfly Pictures, Images and Photos and five-eighths :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment! I love reading what you have to say, whether good or bad. (This is not an open invitation to be rude.)

This blog is an award-free zone. I simply don't have the time to pass them on. Thanks for thinking of me, though :).