Click the banner to visit the site!

Sunday, November 13, 2011

Always a Witch by Carolyn MacCullough

Always a Witch (Witch, #2)
By Carolyn MacCullough
Publisher: Houghton Mifflin Harcourt, 2011
288 pages, Kindle Edition (eARC)
Date Finished: 10/10/2011
Genres: Young Adult, Some Action, Fantasy, Romance, Coming of Age
Tamsin Greene has been haunted by her grandmother's prophecy that she will soon be forced to make a crucial decision—one so terrible that it could harm her family forever. When she discovers that her enemy, Alistair Knight, went back in time to Victorian-era New York in order to destroy her family, Tamsin is forced to follow him into the past. Stranded all alone in the nineteenth century, Tamsin soon finds herself disguised as a lady's maid in the terrifying mansion of the evil Knight family, avoiding the watchful eye of the vicious matron, La Spider, and fending off the advances of Liam Knight. As time runs out, both families square off in a thrilling display of magic. And to her horror, Tamsin finally understands the nature of her fateful choice.
~from goodreads.com~
~First Line: "I was born on the night of Samhain."
~Last Line: "Looking back at her, I smile, close my eye in her trademark wink, and say, 'ah.' "

Review: The second installment in the Witch series was absolutely amazing! I definitely think it was better than Once a Witch, which baffles me because I loved the series debut as well! If you stull haven't read this series, I encourage you to! They're fun reads, and, once you get sucked into the plot, the pages will fly by quickly. :)

The main character, Tamsin, did a little time-traveling in Once a Witch, but in Always she goes all out. Gabriel wasn't too happy that he was purposely left out of the loop, but I haven't figured out if it would be for the better or worse that he showed up. A little of both I suppose.

Anyway, I loved this plot. The first few pages pulled me right in, and I was reluctant to do anything besides read this book. Tamsin was always in the middle of something, as if going back in time before her family was in Hedgerow wasn't enough trouble already. But I must say, the things she got herself into were very interesting!

The characters were even better as well. I'm not sure who was better, Gabriel or Tamsin. They're probably tied. Tamsin wants to handle things on her own, but Gabriel is the caring boyfriend that won't let her. Rowena was still a selfish bleep but would you expect?

Overall, this book was ahmazing. The last chapter or so was really great. Tamsin finally made that giant decision that her grandmother foretold. I'm astonished at the choice she made, but proud of her for it. I hope Carolyn MacCullough delivers another book in this series soon! :D

Plot Rating: 5
Character Rating: 4.5
Cover Rating: 4
GoodReads Rating: 5

Overall rating:
Colorful Animated Butterfly Pictures, Images and PhotosColorful Animated Butterfly Pictures, Images and PhotosColorful Animated Butterfly Pictures, Images and PhotosColorful Animated Butterfly Pictures, Images and Photos and five-eighths :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment! I love reading what you have to say, whether good or bad. (This is not an open invitation to be rude.)

This blog is an award-free zone. I simply don't have the time to pass them on. Thanks for thinking of me, though :).