Click the banner to visit the site!

Thursday, August 25, 2011

Max by James Patterson

Max (Maximum Ride, #5; The Protectors, #2)
By James Patterson
Publisher: Little, Brown and Company, 2009
309 pages, paperback
Date Finished: 9/8/2011
Genres: Young Adult, Action, Adventure, Romance, Coming of Age, Fantasy
Just when Max and the Flock are settling into blissful freedom, a hoard of monstrous Machine Geeks come a-knockin'. These unholy hybrids are at the beck and call of Mr. Chu, a megalomaniac of uncommon intensity. James Patterson's Maximum Ride novel puts the pedal to the metal.
~from goodreads.com~
~First Line: "There."
~Last Line: " 'Is that a good thing or a bad thing?' "

Review: This addition to the well-known Maximum Ride series was fantabulous! Once I'd started it, I didn't want to put it down! :D

The flock is going to Hawaii this time, which I'm sure we all agree is far better than Antarctica. When Max's mom, Dr. Martinez, gets captured, Max isn't exactly thrilled. She's ready to fight to the death to rescue her mom.

The plot for Max was really awesome. I'm so glad that Fang and Max's relationship finallt got farther. I was really hoping they would just get it together already. Max "kind of" admits to being jealous of Bridget (you remember her from The Final Warning, right?). But anyway, everything else was really awesome, too. More kick-butt action, but it really wasn't as much in this installation. Plus, the Voice makes an appearance. And Max even gains an ability! It's pretty neat :) Oh! Fang gains the same ability Max does, and the ability they gained is one Angel already has.(Have fun guessing! :) )

My favorite character from this book was . . . I'm really not sure, actually. I guess they were all my favorites, lol. You can't hate on the flock, man!

Overall, I really loved this book. If you've been keeping up with my reviews of this series, you;ll notice that all five books have gotten a 5-Wing rating :P. That ought to tell you something!

Colorful Animated Butterfly Pictures, Images and PhotosColorful Animated Butterfly Pictures, Images and PhotosColorful Animated Butterfly Pictures, Images and PhotosColorful Animated Butterfly Pictures, Images and PhotosColorful Animated Butterfly Pictures, Images and Photos

1 comments:

Sash and Em said...

Em LOVES James Patterson. nice review!

new follower!

Check out the GREAT GIVEAWAYS we have going on right now.

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment! I love reading what you have to say, whether good or bad. (This is not an open invitation to be rude.)

This blog is an award-free zone. I simply don't have the time to pass them on. Thanks for thinking of me, though :).