Click the banner to visit the site!

Wednesday, July 7, 2010

The Beginning of the Path

Hello to all my fellow book lovers! My name is Zakiya, and this is my very own book blog. Here you can read my reviews for books that I have recently read. I will also try to keep you updated on what books I'm currently reading and what I would like to read soon.

I'm 13 years old, and am about to start the eighth grade this August. I spend a lot of my time reading or on the computer. When I'm not on an ah-mazing site called Goodreads (http://www.goodreads.com/), I am on another blog that some of my friends and myself started last month, For the Love of Reading (ikissbooks.blogspot.com). There are a bunch more book reviews on both these sites, so have a looksies!

For some of my posts, I will have Guest Bloggers to come share their love of books with you. There will also be something called "Read It with a Buddy" soon. I will let you know more about it when I get the first one planned. *mysterious-ness*

I'm super excited about providing book reviews and other fun stuff for you to enjoy. I will begin posting some book reviews tomorrow. Feel free to leave comments on anything at any time! I would love to hear your opinions. :)

--Zakiya, the walking butterfly

P.S., I would also like to thank my co-authors at For the Love of Reading for getting me interested in blogging. "Thanks, girls!!"

4 comments:

Black Disaster Fairy said...

Hey Z welcome to the blogging world!

We are excited to start reading your reviews. I'm sure you will come up with some Interesting features. Well, I'm already Intruiged.

Great intro and I'm loving the photo ;) I'm also loving the blog title name ;) Of course I think it is brillant!

Step one down. Congrats!

Zakiya LadyWings said...

Thanks, Elyssa! For everything, really. So glad you asked me to help with the group blog. I never would've started this soon-to-be-amazing blog without you all.

I'm glad you're already into it. The intro was a little tricky for me because I kept babbling. That's actually the same photo I found for million pages.

Of course you think the title's brilliant! (*hint hint*)

Thanks again for everything, Lyss. :D

Black Disaster Fairy said...

Yup, that is why I winked about photo. I think it fits perfect for the welcome!

Your welcome for everything. It has been a huge ball of fun so far!!

(i'll get a button up and working soon)

Zakiya LadyWings said...

Yes, I matched it up with the title of the intro.

It has def been a lot of fun.

(Button? You mean like Jen's? That would be great if you could make it happen :D.)

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment! I love reading what you have to say, whether good or bad. (This is not an open invitation to be rude.)

This blog is an award-free zone. I simply don't have the time to pass them on. Thanks for thinking of me, though :).