Click the banner to visit the site!

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

2010 Reading Challenges

I found a few of these challenges for 2k10, and even though the year's half over, I thought I'd post them anyway. I will be participating in all of them. To see my current status on all of these challenges, go to the 2010 Reading Challenges page!

This reading challenge is for those of you who are always reading book series! Why not take a break and read something that stands alone?? The Stand Alone Book Reading Challenge is being hosted by Wings over at the Story Wings blog. The Challenge started on Jan. 1st, and will abruptly end at 2359:59 on Dec. 31st. (Just a little extra detail there; basically, it says 11:59 pm.)

Here's other info about the Challenge:

- Levels -
SAB-erful -- 5 books
SAB-erific -- 15 books
SAB-tastic --25 books
- Rules -
1.) Well, it's pretty simple: As long as it's stand alone (meaning not belonging to a book series whatsoever) it counts.
2.)Rereads are accepted!
3.) Books must be read in between Jan. 1st/2010 and Dec. 31st/2010

The 2010 A - Z Challenge is being hosted by Becky at the 2010 A to Z Challenge blog. You basically read books that start with letters of the alphabet. I'm not necessarily reading my books in order, and you don't have to have a predetermined list, either. Obviously, this is a year-round challenge so reading limits are 1/1/2010 to 12/31/2010.

Options for challenge:

~ A - Z Authors: Read alphabetically by author. Commit to 26 books.
~ A - Z Titles: Read alphabetically by book title. Commit to 26 books.
~ A - Z Authors & Titles: Commit to reading 52 books.

The eBook challenge was formally hosted by J Kaye's Book Blog, but she kindly passed it on to the hands of Royal Reviews. As with all of these challenges, anyone can join, blogger or non-blogger.

I will be aiming for the Obsessed Level, which is reading 20 eBooks. I recently got my mom's old Kindle, so I'm excited!


This is being hosted by the website of the same name, Read Your Name Challenge. All you have to do is spell out your name. It could be a childhood name, a nickname, your first/middle/last/maiden, etc. Anything. Like my name, Zakiya. I would read something that started with Z. Then A, K, and so forth. If you have repetitive letters, you'll need to read books that start w/that letter more than once, depending. I have two A's. That means I would be reading two books that started with A. Make sense? Hope so! :)

So what are you waiting for? Go sign up for some Challenges!! :D

--Zakiya, the walking butterfly

4 comments:

Chasidy Jean said...

They all sound interesting. I don't know which one to choose. I think I might do the first and last challenge. Thanks, Zakiya!

Zakiya LadyWings said...

No problem Chasidy! Good luck with your challenges! :D.

Black Disaster Fairy said...

Yes, you must of been scouting out challenges! I have to sign up for the ebook challenge! Sounds like so much fun!

Zakiya LadyWings said...

Good luck, then! I really wasn't, just noticed some and found more! :D

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment! I love reading what you have to say, whether good or bad. (This is not an open invitation to be rude.)

This blog is an award-free zone. I simply don't have the time to pass them on. Thanks for thinking of me, though :).