Click the banner to visit the site!

Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Teaser Tuesday #47

Teaser Tuesday
Hosted by MizB @ Should Be Reading

This week I'm giving you guys a teaser from the story I'm working on. This is from the middle of chapter six, but I liked this part a lot. Let me know how you feel!

"You can come in, Ally," he said in the softest tone I've ever heard him speak in. He sighed as I continued to stand there. Grabbing his McKinley High Letterman jacket off the coat stand next to the door, Michael joined me outside.

"What are you doing?" I asked, but the only response I got was him handing the jacket to me. "I'm not cold."

"Your sweater doesn't look like it's very thick and you're cold-natured." He gave me a 'just take it' look and pushed it into my hands.

I sighed. "Fine, Michael. I'll do this your way since you have to be so demanding." I gave in, pulling the jacket on. His face softened again when I said this; he looked as if he wanted to ask me something, but he kept his mouth closed.

"So . . . did you want to take another walk or something?" he queried. I scrunched my eyebrows in confusion. He quickly explained. "Well, when I said you could come in, you kept standing there like you didn't want to go inside."

"Well, I definitely don't want to go anywhere with you. You'd probably just leave me by myself again anyway."

Michael looked away from me, and the mood became awkward between us. "I didn't leave you, baby girl. You were acting like you didn't want to talk to me, so I told you to just call me when you wanted me to let you in."

"Oh. Well, you should have made sure you had my attention." I did feel bad, though, as he explained what happened. I honestly hadn't heard him at all earlier because I was so caught up in reminiscing. "Can we go in now? I really need some sleep." I looked up at him hesitantly and wrapped his jacket tighter around me. "Oh, and you're not getting this jacket back any time soon," I said with a genuine smile.

He chuckled and opened the door, gesturing for me to go through. "Same old Allison."

Be sure to let me know what you think! Something to remember, though, is that I haven't finished editing and adding descriptions, etc.

1 comments:

LunaMoth said...

im not a big fan of the term 'baby girl' its odd, but i did like that teaser!

Check out my Teaser

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment! I love reading what you have to say, whether good or bad. (This is not an open invitation to be rude.)

This blog is an award-free zone. I simply don't have the time to pass them on. Thanks for thinking of me, though :).