Click the banner to visit the site!

Saturday, August 10, 2013

Book Reviews: Mash Up #5

Soulless (Parasol Protectorate, #1) by Gail Carriger
388 pages, Kindle Edition
Finished on 20/7/2013
Genres: Adult, Paranormal, Romance, Action
Goodreads page

Motivation to Read It: So this is actually my second time finishing this book. I listened to it at the end of 2011, but that was in the middle of the blog's drought, so you, my lovely readers, never got a review I read it this time for a challenge and so I can continue the series.

Review: I had forgotten how funny this book was! It had me laughing, probably, even when things weren't supposed to be funny lol.

Alexia was quite the character. I'm really glad that she was the main character because that meant we spent lots of time with her; and let me tell you, it was a pure joy! Lord Maccon was my other favorite charrie because he was one of the few people that could battle against Alexia's professional-like wit. They were definitely a perfect match of people :).

As far as the plot goes, it was pretty good. Nothing extremely wonderful actually happened but it was paced nicely, and for the characters it was written for, the plot fit well and kept them on their toes. Of course, we must remember that this is my second time reading Soulless, so I kind of already knew what was going to happen.

This is a wonderful start to a promising series. I have Changeless on audiobook, so my next goal is to get to it ASAP!

Colorful Animated Butterfly Pictures, Images and PhotosShelf-WorthyColorful Animated Butterfly Pictures, Images and Photos
________________________________________

Real Mermaids Don't Wear Toe Rings (Real Mermaids, #1) by Helene Boudreau
208 pages, Kindle Edition
Finished on 21/7/2013
Genres: Young Adult, Romance, Paranormal, Adventure
Goodreads page

Motivation to Read It: I saw this book a couple years ago on Goodreads, and because of a challenge group I'm in, I finally had a reason to hunt down a copy.

Review: I really enjoyed this book! I think the main reason for that is because the subject was mermaids, which I don't read a lot of.

I enjoyed the parts of the plot where Jade was a mermaid most I think. It was surreal for both me and Jade. We pretty much got to go through the experience together, which definitely helped to make me feel closer connected to her.

Overall, this was a wonderful novel! I'm interested in the second novel for sure :D.

Colorful Animated Butterfly Pictures, Images and PhotosSatisfying eBookColorful Animated Butterfly Pictures, Images and Photos

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment! I love reading what you have to say, whether good or bad. (This is not an open invitation to be rude.)

This blog is an award-free zone. I simply don't have the time to pass them on. Thanks for thinking of me, though :).