Click the banner to visit the site!

Friday, February 8, 2013

Book Reviews: Mash-Up #1

So this is basically just going to be a combination of all the books I read in January that never got reviews. I'll leave the last one or two so I can write actual reviews for them. Below won't be a complete review, just kind of a paragraph of feelings, really.
___________________________________________

The Coincidence of Callie & Kayden (The Coincidence, #1) by Jessica Sorensen
296 pages, Kindle Edition
Finished on 6/1/2013
Genres: Young Adult, Realistic Fiction, Romance
Goodreads page

Motivation to Read It: I saw this one somewhere, Goodreads I believe, and the cover intrigued me. I searched it in the Kindle Store, and it was only a dollar. People were also giving great reviews about it, so there was no way I couldn't buy it.

Review: I can't remember how I came about this book, but I'm glad it happened. It was truly captivating; I only wanted to read this book. It was as if reading another novel while in the middle of Coincidence would've been disrespectful or something. But either way, I couldn't put the book down.

Callie and Kayden have had a hard time growing up for sure, and the way they, especially Callie, were introverted was so interesting to read. The characters - all of them - found a way to entertain me. The main ones throughout the novel were developed really well; Seth had a great sense of humour that made me love him even more.

This is a really great book, and the sequel is seriously taking too long to get here. :)

Colorful Animated Butterfly Pictures, Images and PhotosShelf-WorthyColorful Animated Butterfly Pictures, Images and Photos
_______________________________________________

Until the End (Final Friends, #1-3) by Christopher Pike
846 pages, paperback
Finished on 13/1/2013
Genres: Young Adult, Action, Realistic Fiction, Romance
Goodreads page

Motivation to Read It: All I have to say is: Christopher Pike.

Review: I mean, really though: what IS their to say? Besides "Christopher Pike has done it again," of course. The book was truly amazing.

The Final Friends series follows Jessica  Mark, Polly, Sara, and some of the other kids at their school through a "suicide," a disastrously-ending prom, and a sinking ship. What do all those things have to do with each other, you ask? Why darling, I can't tell you that....! Sorry (not really; buy the book lol).

Everything about this series was just really awesome. The characters were so funny (esp. Jessica & Sara) and realistic that you could totally imagine the scenes happening. The plot was set at both a good pace and a stressful one. The former due to the fact that it was well-balanced -- not too fast, not too dragging; the latter because you constantly want to know the next major thing that happens. However, much to our unliking, Pike builds the suspense by keeping us waiting. Not that I'm complaining. There's always a surprise with Pike.

Anyway, just get this book. Or any of Pike's books really. They're just so "perfectly" written. He is a definitely my favourite male author. For now, at least, anyway.

Colorful Animated Butterfly Pictures, Images and PhotosShelf-WorthyColorful Animated Butterfly Pictures, Images and Photos
______________________________________________

Tall Cool One (The A-List, #4) by Zoey Dean
304 pages, Kindle Edition
Finished on 19/1/2013
Genres: Young Adult, Realistic Fiction, Romance, Chick-Lit
Goodreads page

Motivation to Read It: I've been wanting to get around to reading this book for quite a while. Finally plugged it into a challenge and put it (literally) at the top of the list to read.

Review: It's been a while since I've read one of Zoey Dean's books, but I don't think I'll ever stop liking them. They are always light reads and, for the most part, cheerful (which is a good little break from the constant Paranormal stuff). Tall Cool One didn't disappoint.

Anna ends up going on a trip to Mexico that was really the main contributor to the book's "fun" element. Sam is still having a hard time with Poppy (her new stepmother if you don't remember); you  kind of felt bad for the situation, but at the same time Same was just a little too harsh sometimes.

The characters overall really were great. I won't dwell into that much more because I'm sure I've expressed my love for them before. The plot was awesome, too. Like I said: light, funny, and a quick read. It's definitely a book to read if you want a break from the serious.

Colorful Animated Butterfly Pictures, Images and PhotosSatisfying eBookColorful Animated Butterfly Pictures, Images and Photos

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment! I love reading what you have to say, whether good or bad. (This is not an open invitation to be rude.)

This blog is an award-free zone. I simply don't have the time to pass them on. Thanks for thinking of me, though :).